Problems with Panther build 7B21

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I have been running build 7A202 without any problems (on a 700MHz iBook 640/80GB/14.1"). Yesterday I installed build 7B21. There are three discs for the install. The installation seemed to run normally. After the second disc, the Installer finished and told me to quit. It did not ask for the 3rd disc. So I restarted and everything goes smoothly until just before I come to the log-in window. It hangs on "Getting Local Users" and will not go any further (spinning beach ball for infinity). I have run disc utility , reparied permissions, and all seems fine. The iBook will restart in 9.2.2 and everything appears to be in place. Before I archive everything and do a erase disc/clean install, I wonder if there are any kind folks out there who might lend some advice on what may be causing this problem. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Reply 2 of 4
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    he isn't asking for help with pirated software...

as for the link above... that is news to me about the posting guidelines...

but it sounds as if this poster is a developer and the CDs came in the mail...
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by Paul

but it sounds as if this poster is a developer and the CDs came in the mail...

That doesn't mean he should be discussing those CDs or the contents of them. I believe he signed an NDA. We can't really provide support on this sort of thing, nor do we wish to harbor the discussion of software that is still under NDA. I believe Brad will be doing the honors...
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Read the Posting Guidelines

Quote:

11. Posting requests or information about obtaining pirated or illegally-distributed software is prohibited. Any and all such posts may be removed without warning. If the offending member continues with such posts, he or she is subject to immediate suspension from the forums for any amount of time the administrators or moderators deem necessary. Furthermore, asking for technical support for pirated software is also not allowed and will be treated in the same mannar as posts that directly ask for pirated software.

Emphasis mine.

Consider this your first official warning. I'm going easy on you since you're obviously new here.