More Delays

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Rumor has it that there are more delays with Motorola... it looks like the new Powerbook line Up-Date won't be for a few more months.

You know, I hope Apple decides to for go the Motorola up-date and just jump into the new IBM processor. Just delay the Powerbook Up-date until Christmas time. This will keep all those anticipating a purchase waiting and the G5 will grab a lot of attention for Christmas sales.

Apple has already missed the crucial Back-to-School sales period and will have to count it's loses. But they can capitalize on them buy having one HUGE upgrade near the end of the year.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    I'm not strongly inclined to be skeptical about this, because it's always easy to believe bad news about Motorola, especially bad news involving delays.

Do you, however, have anything to add in the way of references for this delay, besides "rumor has it"?
  • Reply 2 of 16
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    I'm sorry I even bothered to reply to this thread. I didn't realize that the dear doctor had posted the same damned comment in at least four different threads.

This thread is a good candidate for a lock, if you ask me.
  • Reply 3 of 16
    yevgenyyevgeny Posts: 1,148member
    Do you have any links for your rumor source? Else I thik this thread will soon be locked.
  • Reply 4 of 16
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by shetline

I didn't realize that the dear doctor had posted the same damned comment in at least four different threads.

The dear doctor has 4 posts too!
  • Reply 5 of 16
    Anyone who manages to spell the word update as "Up-Date", "Up-date" and "up-date" in one post deserves to have his thread locked.

Oh, yeah, it's pointless spam too. "Rumor has it"?
  • Reply 6 of 16
    bigcbigc Posts: 1,224member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ensign Pulver

Anyone who manages to spell the word update as "Up-Date", "Up-date" and "up-date" in one post deserves to have his thread locked.

Oh, yeah, it's pointless spam too. "Rumor has it"?

Oh, and note the underscore between Dr and Holistic, definite PC-weenie give-away.
  • Reply 7 of 16
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    You guys are MEAN!
  • Reply 8 of 16
    I don't know, I think being able to spell on a 2nd grade level is a reasonable request for anyone with a computer.
  • Reply 9 of 16
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    Quote:

Originally posted by shetline

I'm sorry I even bothered to reply to this thread. I didn't realize that the dear doctor had posted the same damned comment in at least four different threads.

This thread is a good candidate for a lock, if you ask me.

one thread and three post containing the same text?

a new ai record, iirc...

owww... forgetabout what i said, enough forests burning in the mediterranean don't need to feed dr.molotov
  • Reply 10 of 16
    maskermasker Posts: 451member
    If I was getting ready to go back to schoool, and wanted to see the channel cleared out so that new powerbook could be release just in time for the first day of class, I too would post everywhere "Motorola has dropped the ball.. no new powerbook for 6-7 months. Apple may be discontinuing laptops altoigether also, so buy those PowerBooks off the shelf why you can! "

MSKR
  • Reply 11 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by Bigc

Oh, and note the underscore between Dr and Holistic, definite PC-weenie give-away.

I resemble that comment!!

• Reply 12 of 16
    bigcbigc Posts: 1,224member
    Quote:

Originally posted by boy_analog

I resemble that comment!!

• Reply 13 of 16
    phongphong Posts: 219member
    Not to mention spelling "forgo" as "for go" which may itself have been a typo of "go for" in which case my mind is lost in unfathomableness.
  • Reply 14 of 16
    taliesintaliesin Posts: 117member
    Where's a moderator when you need one? How 'bout this? "rumor has it that this thread will be locked" 'scuse me while I post this in four other places.
  • Reply 15 of 16
    Rumor has it that I was dead WRONG as many of you were quick to point out!

So now, all I have to say is "Rumor has it... NEW POWERBOOKS will be announced Auguest 18/19."

http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2003/...07135533.shtml

Thank goodness they are coming out with something now. That make it more probable that the future release of the Powerbook will have the G5 and Panther...

That's what I'm waiting for!
  • Reply 16 of 16
    bodhibodhi Posts: 1,424member
    Stop arguing with each other about whether or not the thread should or should not have been created. One of us will come along soon enough and close it if it needs to be. In the meantime please look around the forum and see if there is another thread about what you want to say before starting a new one.