The OFFICIAL "What Were They Thinking?" Thread

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
After running across the link below earlier, I thought it'd be fitting for us to have a thread containing links to news articles about people who do strange things.

Post links that have to do with stupid crimes, ridiculous decisions, or any other news story that makes you say, "What were they thinking?"

My submission for the day:

"Woman arrested after locking daughter in trunk of car" -- CNN, 5 Aug. 2003

At least the girl is okay. \

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    I predict this thread will grow like a mutant squirrel that has ingested too many radioactive acorns. Such is the world we live in today....

Here's my contribution for today

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...-2003Aug5.html
  • Reply 4 of 11
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Remember: This isn't a thread about "strange" news stories, but about news stories where people do something absolutely asinine or ridiculous in the name of sanity and reason.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    nebulousnebulous Posts: 193member
    Well, I couldn't find a good link to this story, so I'll just post an excerpt. And yes, this is my town.

Quote:

Davis, California = No snoring zone.

There is no noise pollution in Davis by city ordinance. This law was meant to prevent people from having a loud party, but the Davis Police department also enforced it against a woman whose neighbor complained that she snored too loud. The case made national headlines.

• Reply 6 of 11
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    collections of the serious and absurd can be found at http://www.fark.com/

news of the weird

and of course, http://darwinawards.com
  • Reply 7 of 11
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Nebulous

Well, I couldn't find a good link to this story, so I'll just post an excerpt. And yes, this is my town.

Leave it to California...
  • Reply 8 of 11
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Hugh Grant cheating on Elizabeth Hurley with some hooker... that's pretty freaking stupid.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Moogs

I predict this thread will grow like a mutant squirrel that has ingested too many radioactive acorns. Such is the world we live in today....

[/url]

Troma?
  • Reply 10 of 11
    taliesintaliesin Posts: 117member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CubeDude

Leave it to California...

Aww don't be so hard on California There is plenty of idiocy to go around. California just has more people that's all. If weren't for California we wouldn't have Apple
  • Reply 11 of 11
    liquidrliquidr Posts: 884member
    originally posted by Cubedude

Quote:

Leave it to California

One of two possibilities:

1. Every one is constantly doped up, either due to the tremendous amount of cosmetic surgery or they are in the entertainment industry, or both

2. Because the media is constantly covering the entertainment industry the weirdness of CA gets more coverage than other places just out of hand