Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014

Concertgoers Experience Phish Far Beyond the Stage

Complete article here.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 24
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    Cool.

wonder if livephish.com will license to iTMS?

too bad the radio station tech solution was WMP and not iTunes.
  • Reply 2 of 24
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Thats awesome, one of my friends went to that, said it was awesome.

I'd imagine considering it WAS phish.
  • Reply 3 of 24
    mlnjrmlnjr Posts: 230member
    Photo caption of Trey here says the station was completely driven by iTunes.

I don't know about iTMS carrying the Live Phish Downloads, since that would be kind of redundant. Also, I think Phish is releasing its live shows online independent of Elektra, so it's without the support of a record label. I may be wrong about that, though.

(Edit: spelling)
  • Reply 4 of 24
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by mlnjr

Photo caption of Trey here says the station was completely driven by iTunes.

I don't know about iTMS carrying the Live Phish Downloads, since that would be kind of redundant. Also, I think Phish is releasing its live shows online independent of Elektra, so it's without the support of a record label. I may be wrong about that, though.

(Edit: spelling)

Pearl Jam has done the same and they are releasing their official bootlegs via the iTMS
  • Reply 5 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

Pearl Jam has done the same and they are releasing their official bootlegs via the iTMS

Yes but Pearl Jam sucks and Phish is awesome!

(Ok it's a personal opinion stated as fact I'll admit)
  • Reply 6 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

you are pathetic.

Phish was good the first time I heard them, when they were the Grateful Dead.

(Ok, it's a personal opinion stated as fact I'll admit)
  • Reply 7 of 24
    An uninformed opinion at that. There are more similarities between the fans of the Grateful Dead and Phish than there are between the music of both bands.

I'm curious: does Pearl Jam's live download deal offer people lower-quality and higher quality versions? Phish recently switched to FLAC instad of Shorten as the format for its high-quality downloads.

Anyway, I think it's great that Phish and Apple are working together.
  • Reply 8 of 24
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

ast3r3x, I liked you up until you made that comment.
  • Reply 9 of 24
    Quote:

you are pathetic.

Phish was good the first time I heard them, when they were the Grateful Dead.

(Ok, it's a personal opinion stated as fact I'll admit)

Pathetic? Because I'd rather listen to nice good music that makes you happy then music where Eddie 'sings' lyrics that he wrote while drunk.

You can't twirl to PJ

Sorry if you like PJ, I just dislike them, if you do, please feel free to state it without calling me pathetic.
  • Reply 10 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by mlnjr

An uninformed opinion at that. There are more similarities between the fans of the Grateful Dead and Phish than there are between the music of both bands.

I'm curious: does Pearl Jam's live download deal offer people lower-quality and higher quality versions? Phish recently switched to FLAC instad of Shorten as the format for its high-quality downloads.

Anyway, I think it's great that Phish and Apple are working together.

1. I am informed and I know the differences. It's a dumb statement just like ast3r3x's.

2. I'll listen to Widespread Panic or Gov't Mule over Phish any day. Only so much of the exact same thing you can take thank you

3. Pearl jam has been doing this since 2000

4. Pearl jam releases MP3s of the shows within several hours of the show finish. They then the double (or in some cases triple) CD to you in 1 -2 weeks depending on shipping.

Cost is like 11 bucks for fanclub members and i think 13 bucks for everyone else.

Quote:

Pathetic? Because I'd rather listen to nice good music that makes you happy then music where Eddie 'sings' lyrics that he wrote while drunk

yes you are pathetic. and if that's what you think of Pearl jam's lyrics than you are the one is misinformed.

Gotta love those Phish lyrics... they are powerful man. it takes a real band to repeat the same line 25 times and call it a song.

Quote:

Sorry if you like PJ, I just dislike them, if you do, please feel free to state it without calling me pathetic.

you're original comment was completely unneccesary and written as a flame. if you are going to do that, I'll say you are pathetic.

live with it.
  • Reply 11 of 24
    Well, as a musician myself I don't listen to Phish (or any other band) for the lyrics, although I believe Trey Anastasio and his main lyricist partner Tom Marshall have written excellent songs together. And their longtime sound guy Paul Languedoc has been using a TiBook on tour (ProTools, maybe? Not sure...) to record the shows digitally and process the tracks for download on livephish.com. Also there are numerous mentions on Phish's web site about how everyone associated with production for the band has switched to the Mac OS.

Dave Schools went to my school, but WSP has never sounded good to my ears. Same with Gov't Mule, but that's probably because I can't stand the Allman Brothers.

Seriously, lumping in Phish with the Dead only makes sense because of the "scene" that surrounds both bands. Musically, they're quite different. Phish only needs one drummer and one guitar player for starters. I guess the comparison made more sense after Jerry died and the Dead stopped touring, forcing Phish into the position as the new quintessential jam band, but it's irrelevant now that the Dead are back with a slightly different lineup.
  • Reply 12 of 24
    jeez applenut and ast3r3x, take that to AppleOutsider...
  • Reply 13 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by LoCash

yes, then maybe Jonathon can all show us how he is gay again.
  • Reply 14 of 24
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

WHY IS THE SUPERPOLL CLOSED?! WHY GOD, WHY?!
  • Reply 15 of 24
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    ast3r3x and applenut, what is the point in arguing over music? Neither of you is going to change the other person't mind. It's like arguing over Energizer and Duracell batteries.

Ok, maybe that's not the best analogy, but you get the point.
  • Reply 16 of 24
    Quote:

Pathetic? Because I'd rather listen to nice good music that makes you happy then music where Eddie 'sings' lyrics that he wrote while drunk.

hey, maybe this is what you think of great lyrics or something

I come from atop the mountain baby

Where the people come to pray

I come from atop the mountain baby

Where the people come to pray

There ain't no truth in action

'Less you believe it anyway

I was riding down the road one day and

Someone hit a possum

Someone hit a possum

The road was his end

His end was the road

So they say

Whoa possum...

possum, possum...

POSSUM

Whoa possum...

possum, possum...

POSSUM

Whoa possum, possum

Your end is the road

Someone hit a possum

Someone hit a possum

The road was his end

His end was the road

So they say

Whoa possum...

possum, possum...

POSSUM

Whoa possum...

possum, possum...

POSSUM

Whoa possum,

Your end is the road

Whoa possum, possum

Your end is the road

wow man, im sure glad they were sober when they wrote those. those lyrics are ****ing deep man. why dont you go twirl around and scream POSSUM 40 times and stop wasting your time here
  • Reply 17 of 24
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

• Reply 18 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by LoCash

I was just stating I don't like them and Applenut got all offended, you know those super sensative disfunctional family types(personal attack!).

Applenut, do you really think just picking a song with repeating lyrics will discourage me or anything from thinking phish is good? There is something positive to be said about music that flows well.

Do I really have to go find a PJ song that repeats itself often?

Applenut, to each their own, although if you'd like to argue about it more I'm up for it, have nothing better to do while I'm at work.
  • Reply 19 of 24
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    This thread is starting to STINK!
  • Reply 20 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

This thread is starting to STINK!

I'll agree...and since I guess it's mostly my fault for it getting off topic I'll stop if Applenut does

applenut...no hard feelings

And now back to your scheduled thread topic...

What Phish using iMacs, thats awesome!