How to connect iPod to Bose stereo

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I have a bose surround sound system with cd player and imputs for tape, aux etc. If i was to get an iPod, how do i connect to it so i can listen through my present system. Is it a simple rca connection and then run off ipod battery?

How about this, iPod with 802 extreme built in, adapter to bose system that networks with iMac, PB and iPod now that would rock the world.

can i hook an ipod to my dell laptop and listen to the tunes?

see i'm thinking of getting my wife an ipod before or around christmas and doing some planning so that all she has to do is enjoy, she doens't like computers

Now that bose sells ipods they need to make a simple adapter so ipod can connect to all there stuff synergie man synergy

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    gargoylegargoyle Posts: 660member
    The new iPod's come with a dock that have a line out port. This port looks like it takes a std mini-jack connector.

You can get mini-jack to phono adaptors from most good AV shops.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    airslufairsluf Posts: 1,861member
    Kickaha and Amorph couldn't moderate themselves out of a paper bag. Abdicate responsibility and succumb to idiocy. Two years of letting a member make personal attacks against others, then stepping aside when someone won't put up with it. Not only that but go ahead and shut down my posting priviledges but not the one making the attacks. Not even the common decency to abide by their warning (afer three days of absorbing personal attacks with no mods in sight), just shut my posting down and then say it might happen later if a certian line is crossed. Bullshit flag is flying, I won't abide by lying and coddling of liars who go off-site, create accounts differing in a single letter from my handle with the express purpose to decieve and then claim here that I did it. Everyone be warned, kim kap sol is a lying, deceitful poster.

Now I guess they should have banned me rather than just shut off posting priviledges, because kickaha and Amorph definitely aren't going to like being called to task when they thought they had it all ignored *cough* *cough* I mean under control. Just a couple o' tools.

Don't worry, as soon as my work resetting my posts is done I'll disappear forever.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by AirSluf

Straight connection from the iPods headphone jack to the Aux input on the stereo. If you need adaptors, just stop by Radio Shack, you can get nice ones for cheap there.

My Aux/Video has two ports, a right and left. What do you mean by a "straight connection from headphone jack to Aux input". There is a cable that goes from the headphone port on the iPod to the big red and white Aux ports?

They look something like this, I don't know what they are called:

Those aren't really my Aux/Video ports, I just did a Google search for an example of what the ports look like.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Would I buy something like this? Does it fit all the correct ports?

http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...5Fid=274%2D946
  • Reply 5 of 7
    gargoylegargoyle Posts: 660member
    One of these does the trick... I have one... I used it for exact same thing.

http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...5Fid=42%2D2551
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gargoyle

One of these does the trick... I have one... I used it for exact same thing.

http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...5Fid=42%2D2551

Thank you! Just what I was looking for.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    I clicked on your site to (radio shack ETC...... ) and it took me to the radio shack site but that is all... could NOT find this product.... Could you please give me some info on finding this product... Maybe i am doing something wrong . If you click on the web site you posted will it take U to this product... Would appreciate a response.... THANK YOU