Plot to plant WMD in Iraq backfires.

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
READ THIS!!!

and this

You won't ever find *this* story on FOX etc etc etc. But when up to 100 American troops die in a botched "haulage operation" that got attacked by "friendly fire (!)" and the DOD classify the date when this happened, and tell everyone about some "mystery illness" or "pneumonia" that has hit our troops in Iraq...there is something very very wrong here.

If this story gets the legs that it may possibly deserve, Bush and Co could be toast.

Quote:

"the enemy is the guy who's gonna get you killed, no matter what side he's on"

Joseph Heller, "Catch 22".

Comments

• Reply 1 of 43
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Can you prove a single jot of it...

It is so sad..that so many loonies turn knots in their nuts trying to dream up urban myths like this one...

Very Funny guys...glad you fell for it hook line & sinker....

Ps Sammi jo your " " clinches it..

Why are so many left wingers this gullible....?

• Reply 2 of 43
  • Reply 3 of 43
    Quote:

If this story gets the legs that it may possibly deserve,

You're not too sure yourself then? 100 soldiers dead, where is the evidence? And the Flight 93 families are questioning whether the terrorists crashed the plane into the ground or their relatives, big conspiracy that.
  • Reply 4 of 43
    Who are you calling a right-winger?? Me? Wrong. Sorry.
  • Reply 5 of 43
    Quote:

Originally posted by sammi jo

the DOD classify the date when this happened

I think you've been confused by some shoddy English in the article. The Army "classified" the soldier in a coma as discharged on medical grounds 4 days after he fell ill, and two weeks before he died, for no obvious reason.

One result of this was the fact that his family had to pay for their own travel to Germany to see their son die.

----------

Anyway this is the US Army we're talking about, no way they would get involved in any of this so-called "conspiracy" nonsense.

http://www.nytimes.com/learning/gene.../big/1125.html

http://www.hereinreality.com/irancontra.html

http://homepages.cs.ncl.ac.uk/chris..../contra.cards/
  • Reply 6 of 43
    tulkastulkas Posts: 3,757member
    Quote:

Originally posted by segovius

Had to happen - they just thought they could get away with any crap and got careless. Combine this with the fact that some 911 families are openly questioning the FBI's version of events relating to Flight 93 and that military families have launched a campaign to get the troops home which has the support of veterans as well as families of serving personnel, and it's starting to look as if the tide is turning against the Bush cabal.

Those are two groups the administration are gonna find it very difficult to smear - if it comes down to a head to head, it's a no-brainer to see where the public sympathy is going to go....

Forgot to add the site of the miltary families:

Bush says 'Bring 'em on' we say 'Bring em Home'

What in the hell does the specifics of what happened on flight 93 have to do with a Bush cabal, smearing or WMD?

So the FBI thinks that maybe the hijackers crashed the plane when the passangers revolted, instead of the passengers crashing it themselves. Either explaination still shows the courage of the passengers. How you think this that is somehow nefarious is beyond me.
  • Reply 7 of 43
    argentoargento Posts: 483member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Tulkas

What in the hell does the specifics of what happened on flight 93 have to do with a Bush cabal, smearing or WMD?

So the FBI thinks that maybe the hijackers crashed the plane when the passangers revolted, instead of the passengers crashing it themselves. Either explaination still shows the courage of the passengers. How you think this that is somehow nefarious is beyond me.

The results are the same, and what triggered the end result is the same. Just who crashed it? Who the hell cares? And he's also right, how does this have anything remotely at all to do with WMD?
  • Reply 8 of 43
    tulkastulkas Posts: 3,757member
    Quote:

yes, I see your problem. I can help.

First concentrate on this next bit - particularly the first two words that set up a proposition (I've stressed them for you) :

Then focus on the word 'and' whch links to said proposition:

And there you have it - perfect relevance to the initial poster's final assertion that 'Bush will be toast' by citing relevant supporting evidence. Easy when you know how - all it takes is practice.

But, you shuld NEVER try this without adult supervision. Remember, posters who use this technique are trained professionals...

So essentially your post was as relavant to the thread as if I'd said "And combine this with the fact that that Bush had Cheerios for breakfast today shows that he will be toast".

Useless, unrelated and adding nothing to the conversation...continue as you will.
  • Reply 9 of 43
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Quote:

READ THIS!!!

and this

You won't ever find *this* story on FOX etc etc etc. But when up to 100 American troops die in a botched "haulage operation" that got attacked by "friendly fire (!)" and the DOD classify the date when this happened, and tell everyone about some "mystery illness" or "pneumonia" that has hit our troops in Iraq...there is something very very wrong here.

If this story gets the legs that it may possibly deserve, Bush and Co could be toast.

I won't find it on Fox... did I find it on CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, the National Enquirer? Would I find it anywhere outside of a website run by two people proclaiming to be an organization or linking to an article written by a guy who writes a weekly conspiracy column?!?

Nick
  • Reply 10 of 43
    Quote:

Funny, didn't hear anyone mention conspiracy. But really right-wingers are the only ones who ever use it aren't they ?

Uh, let's see... We have a thread titled, "Plot to plant WMD in Iraq backfires" You mean that's NOT talking about some conspiracy?
  • Reply 11 of 43
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Another great thread by Sammy Jo. Links to two sites run by some Tim McVeigh wannabes and wonder why we haven't seen this story in reputable outlets.
  • Reply 12 of 43
    liquidrliquidr Posts: 884member
    I'm with the rest of the crew on calling BS on this. Such a conspiracy within the military would be difficult to pull off in a foreign country. Plus has does anyone know if the British still have an occupying force there? If so, the logistics of pulling off such a stunt would be frightening.
  • Reply 13 of 43
    longhornlonghorn Posts: 147member
    But look at what they did to the babies!!!!

• Reply 14 of 43
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Oh. My. God. The babies.
  • Reply 15 of 43
    sammi josammi jo Posts: 4,634member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

Another great thread by Sammy Jo. Links to two sites run by some Tim McVeigh wannabes and wonder why we haven't seen this story in reputable outlets.

You are naive beyond all recognition. People in power *do* conspire on occasions to do things outside of the law , and usually go to great lengths to cover their tracks. Occasionally things go wrong, and little by little, the facts become public. To smuggle chemical weapons into Iraq, given the millions of tons of hardware and munitions that the US military have already shipped in, would be a piece of cake. America possesses more than 30,000 tons of chemical weapons to choose from. And, given the nature of this administration to lie, misrepresent and mislead on an ongoing and serial nature, an attempt of a "smuggle-and-plant" operation of contraband material, (WMD being the stated reason to go to war in Iraq) would be a huge temptation, and conforms with the character of this administration. Imagine the publicity coup...Bush coming on prime time television and addressing the nation, saying that "weapons of mass destruction have been found near Baghdad. If Saddam Hussein had used them, millions could have died. The war against evil was justified. God Bless America". Imagine the pictures, the movie, the staged retreival of barrels of sarin and anthrax. Bush approval ratings soar to 80% +..and all on another set of lies...and nobody, save a small group of senior military officials close to the admin would have known any better.

I recall a similar reaction to the thread on "napalm" that I started shortly after the war began....by all those trusting souls in here who somehow have access to top secret military information.

By the way, I don't implicitly trust or believe all the sources/stories I quote. Stories *do* originate from somewhere...and just because a media source isn't a "household name" doesn't mean that it's content is any less accurate or true than "reputable sources". It is those so-called "reputable sources" that have been the biggest originators of BS, specially as regards what happened in the Iraq war and its run up.
  • Reply 16 of 43
    x xx x Posts: 189member
    Quote:

You are naive ... To smuggle chemical weapons into Iraq, given the millions of tons of hardware and munitions that the US military have already shipped in, would be a piece of cake.

Such a piece of cake that the plan blew up in their faces, literally?
  • Reply 17 of 43
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by X X

Such a piece of cake that the plan blew up in their faces, literally?

I think that's why this would be news. Because of a mistake. That blew up in their faces.

Are you insinuating that it's impossible that, if our military were planting weapons, they might make a mistake? Is it impossible that our military might make mistakes? I think they do, even if it seems improbable to you.
  • Reply 18 of 43
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

I think that's why this would be news. Because of a mistake. That blew up in their faces.

Are you insinuating that it's impossible that, if our military were planting weapons, they might make a mistake? Is it impossible that our military might make mistakes? I think they do, even if it seems improbable to you.

I know that is what is most humorous about these types of threads. They protray George Bush as one of the most ignorant, stupid people ever but yet he manages to fool all the major news outlets and the majority of the American people.

Incompetent and all powerful... all at the same time.

Nick
  • Reply 19 of 43
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by trumptman

I don't think anyone is suggesting he or the military is 'all powerful'. If he is incompetent, and I do believe that's likely (my personal bias), his incompetence wouldn't be responsible for this error. That would be someone else's incompetence.

And his power, while not all powerful, don't preclude him from being incompetent.
  • Reply 20 of 43
    sammi josammi jo Posts: 4,634member
    Quote:

[i]

Nick [/B]

Exactly. Thats why such an incompetent person from a well know "name dynasty" has been surrounded by such skilled politicians like Karl Rove et al, and no matter what side of the political fence you hail from, you have to admit that these folks are doing very effectively what they are being paid to do. What a shame for America that this hugely expensive scheme is all in the cause of authoritarianism, militarization, empire building, greed, religious infiltration of government, nepotism and elitism....and hoodwink the public that it's all part of the "war on terrorism". This government's main tool is fear, and they are playing the fear card with a very skilled hand.