Moved [S]: New Forum proposal- Concepts

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I can see why moderators would shy away from this, but I just wanted to float the idea of having a forum here devoted to fleshing out some of the more common concept devices. I've seen a few good design mockups and tech proposals from time to time, but they tend to rise and fall with the rumors. I would like to see a forum where such things are cultivated, maybe even to the point where someone (if not Apple) says, "Damn, that's a good idea! Let's build it!" or at the least it would give some watchful eye at Apple an idea of their customers' expectations.

Here are the major recurring proposals that I can think of, each deserving it's own dedicated sub-forum, IMO.

iTablet

iCam

Mac PVR (iTV)

Mac PDA (iWalk)

iPhone

I may have missed some. New sub forums could be added when a demonstrated interest arises.

Just a suggestion.

[ 01-27-2003: Message edited by: Amorph ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    We should also have a forum for suggestions like this.

Oh wait. We <a href="http://forums.appleinsider.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum&f=11"; target="_blank">do</a>.

EDIT - added smiley... didn't mean for this post to come off rude...

[ 01-27-2003: Message edited by: murbot ]</p>
  • Reply 2 of 3
    I agree. Alot of future hardware now is not about "future hardware" but instead about concepts. Things people wish apple would come out with, not things anyone thinks they will make.

This is only my second post. My first one was in the thread "PowerPC Handhelds" which looks like its falling by the wayside now. My argument was that it is now possible to roll your own PPC handheld using Mac-on-Linux and some PPC based embeded boards. My correspondance with the head of the MOL project appears to support this conclusion.

If there were a Concepts category, this is where my post would have gone (along with alot of others). It has no relevence to "future hardware" that apple may be releasing, but it doesnt fit any other category either.

The new category would cover custom projects, mock-ups, and anything not specifically related to what we think apple will actually be releasing. It probably wont happen, but I like the idea.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Future Hardware has always been home to mock ups and concepts and wild, open-ended speculation about what Apple might possibly release if someone smoke-bombed the executive offices with a hallucinogen.

Moving to Suggestions.

[ 01-27-2003: Message edited by: Amorph ]</p>