A hot day at the beach

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
It's really hot...so you & a bunch of your mates decide to go down to the beach.

Do you guys sit around perving at the girls ?

Go for a swim ?

Drink beer & get a sozzled sunburn ?

Play Beachball or chuck a frisbee around ?

All of the above...

Or do you do something weirder than science ..like play with your ibook...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquafire

It's really hot...so you & a bunch of your mates decide to go down to the beach.

There are there things wrong with this, (1)it never gets really hot here, (2)I don't have a bunch of mates, and (3)the nearest beach is too far away.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Most Northern California beaches have these blade-like shards that we loosely term "sand." That and it's usually uncomfortably gusty even on hot days. I mostly swim or sea kayak when I go to the beach.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    i live in socal, my brother is one of those environment protector types. he says that none of US's west coast beach is really clean enough to go in. is this true?
  • Reply 4 of 5
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    I live in the Bay Area, and our "beach" doesn't have water sutible for swimming, because of all the tankers that pass by every day.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    I live in southcoast mass on buzzards bay. The beach is less than 3 minutes from my house, usually we chill, drink beer, swim and play footballs, the girls are always fun too. No sunburns though.

Cheers,

Dan