Panther to have Sherlock Phone channel?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Just clicked on the the Sherlock icon in my dock, and clicked on the Yellow Pages channel and I got an interesting message that said "You must upgrade to OS 10.3 to use the phone channel." What does this mean, what kind of sign is this...ability to dial directly from the Yellow Pages channel??? hmmmmmm......

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    Through iChat? Probably not.

This might be just an extension of the ability to dial your wireless phone via Bluetooth from the Address Book app.

On the other hand, if Apple does invest in some telephony tech and ties it to iChat... well then flippin' bloody WOW! Of course it will start in North America only...

Screed
  • Reply 2 of 7
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Quote:

Originally posted by filmmaker2002

Just clicked on the the Sherlock icon in my dock, and clicked on the Yellow Pages channel and I got an interesting message that said "You must upgrade to OS 10.3 to use the phone channel." What does this mean, what kind of sign is this...ability to dial directly from the Yellow Pages channel??? hmmmmmm......

This happened to me today too. I clicked the main pane and then the Yellow Page channel again and then it loaded as usual. Very weird.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    Yes, I was so shocked when I saw this that I started a duplicate thread!

Oh the embarrassment!
  • Reply 4 of 7
    chrisgchrisg Posts: 239member
    In Panther they changed the Yellow Pages to Phone Book, the new channel allows you to search both yellow and white pages.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    inkheadinkhead Posts: 155member
    It's just the name of the channel, gee people don't go overboard with speculation. Nothing is changing just the layout and business versus residential listings.

Man oh man...
  • Reply 6 of 7
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Yeah, but don't you get it? We were running Jaguar and ran Sherlock and saw this weird 10.3 message. Shortly thereafter, the channel returned to normal. Kinda weird to see in Jag, eh?
  • Reply 7 of 7
    I got this once with the movies channel, then clicked away before it registered and then clicked back and it was normal :-/ go figure.