Anyone here ordered from MacMall?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I've compared and found very good prices at MacMall on several pieces of software I need. Has anyone ordered from this outfit before and can attest to their reliability or lack therof?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 21
    whisperwhisper Posts: 735member
    I did a long time ago. I don't remember anything particularly bad (or good) about them. I'm pretty sure that if they'd screwed me, I'd remember. Does that help any?
  • Reply 2 of 21
    c-bearc-bear Posts: 111member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Whisper

I did a long time ago. I don't remember anything particularly bad (or good) about them. I'm pretty sure that if they'd screwed me, I'd remember. Does that help any?

Yes it does, thank you.
  • Reply 3 of 21
    whisperwhisper Posts: 735member
    Quote:

Originally posted by C-Bear

Yes it does, thank you.

You're welcome. How does one become wine?
  • Reply 4 of 21
    I've been ordering from MacMall off and on for 12 years. Never had a problem.
  • Reply 5 of 21
    c-bearc-bear Posts: 111member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Whisper

You're welcome. How does one become wine?

By abiding with what they're experiencing, good or bad, rather than resisting or judging it.
  • Reply 6 of 21
    I just ordered an iSight from macmall 2 days ago, It came yesterday. They have a special going on where if you order anything over 100 bucks it comes overnight. I go through MacMall a lot. They are good.
  • Reply 7 of 21
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    I ordered a few things from MacMall and never had a problem.
  • Reply 8 of 21
    MacMall---GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

STILL have not corrected overcharges on my account. Thanks for reminding me I have to call them again about this.
  • Reply 9 of 21
    kennethkenneth Posts: 832member
    No problem with MacMall, MacConnection, and SmallDog. I tended to like MacMall and Smalldog.
  • Reply 10 of 21
    I like macmall, they've never given me any trouble.
  • Reply 11 of 21
    I've ordered many things, including a Powerbook G3 w/ firewire, and never have had any problems. They're a-ok.
  • Reply 12 of 21
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    Got my iBook, iMac (17" Superdrive) and original 5 Gig from them. Never any problem. Got my refund check for the iMac in about 6 weeks. (Amazon once took 6 months to get me one!) I guess it depends on whom your salesperson is.
  • Reply 13 of 21
    call them & speak to a salesperson & get their first & last name & a direct contact #

i bought a powerbook ti800 & insisted that the lcd

be free of dead pixels

so they opened it & powered up to check before they shipped

they are very cooperative unlike some other vendors

or the jackasses at the apple stores
  • Reply 14 of 21
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    I think that the employees at the Apple Store are great, at least here.
  • Reply 15 of 21
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    I don't see any real reason to buy from a reseller, except for maybe free RAM and a cheapo printer.
  • Reply 16 of 21
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    I've bought a couple things from them before and never had a problem. I like their firesales or whatever they call them. I bought a powerbook 15" a while back for a great price. I had to talk to my CC company because it was shipping to a different address than my billing address, but that's a good thing.
  • Reply 17 of 21
    Can you use an Apple loan at MacMall and can you get an educational discount there also like on Apple's site? I'd like to buy from MacMall because of the free RAM and stuff.

ME
  • Reply 18 of 21
    cyloncylon Posts: 126member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

I don't see any real reason to buy from a reseller, except for maybe free RAM and a cheapo printer.

Or maybe no sales tax! duh
  • Reply 19 of 21
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pc-to-mac

Can you use an Apple loan at MacMall and can you get an educational discount there also like on Apple's site? I'd like to buy from MacMall because of the free RAM and stuff.

ME

Yes and no, in that order.
  • Reply 20 of 21
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

Tax man!, Apple store charges tax, other sellers / Macconection, Warehouse ect do not charge sales tax when ordering from out of state.

Shipping cost is also usually an issue. Some charge some don't.

Apple charges for both.

Tax alone on a $3000 G5 is $275 if you buy it in So Cal.

Macconection is $0.