Should I get an iPod?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I've been looking at getting an iPod for a while now and I was really excited to see the most recent upgrades to the iPod line. My question is, is now a good time to buy or will they update them again soon (within 6 months)? Thanks for everyones help.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 18
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Buy.

iPods where just recently updated. Enjoy'em now.
  • Reply 2 of 18
    Buy. You won't regret it. iPod + iTunes is one of the best reasons to own a Mac.
  • Reply 3 of 18
    proxyproxy Posts: 232member
    There's always something better around the corner. Got to jump in at some point.
  • Reply 4 of 18
    rbfoyerbfoye Posts: 77member
    Buy. They are incredible as is. I have the older model (1.5 years) and I still love it!!!!!!!!

Take it everywhere and even have sony portable speakers to go with for travel.
  • Reply 5 of 18
    krassykrassy Posts: 595member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DMBand0026

I've been looking at getting an iPod for a while now and I was really excited to see the most recent upgrades to the iPod line. My question is, is now a good time to buy or will they update them again soon (within 6 months)? Thanks for everyones help.

buy
  • Reply 6 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by nyc10012

Buy. You won't regret it. iPod + iTunes is one of the best reasons to own a Mac.

Confirmed. BUY!!
  • Reply 7 of 18
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    what the hell is this doing in FH?

and yes you should get one... they are amazing
  • Reply 8 of 18
    bigcbigc Posts: 1,224member
    No.
  • Reply 9 of 18
    beakeebeakee Posts: 64member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Paul

what the hell is this doing in FH?

and yes you should get one... they are amazing

Future hardware for him! Get it?

Oops. Yes, buy one, jeesh.
  • Reply 10 of 18
    If you have to ask, DON'T get one.
  • Reply 11 of 18
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    You don't want to be the last person on your block to have one do you? Buy and enjoy.
  • Reply 12 of 18
    jobjob Posts: 420member
    I think the real question here is: Why wouldn't you buy?

I don't think that Apple will upgrade the 'Pods this soon. Software/firmware maybe. But new hardware. No dice.
  • Reply 13 of 18
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Well I'm just now getting to spend some time with one (a friend has one) and I have to say that I'm TOTALLY impressed and that I will be buying one for myself (the 15GB model, OR whatever the "mid-range model" is when I decide to buy).

So small and "grab-able"!

I can't stop spinning around the "wheel". I love that little "clickity, clackety" sound!

Apple singlehandedly (with iTunes) re-energized and kickstarted my passion for music. Until iTunes, I just had all my CDs, but I just hated digging through them. I found myself listening to music less and less, peaking in about 2001 or so.

When it dawned on me that "holy cow, I can have ALL these CDs right here in one place AND make custom mix CDs to my liking?!?!"

Over Safari, over Illustrator, over Photoshop. iTunes is the ONE software I wouldn't do without. Truly, a "desert island" product.

The iPods and the online music store simply ratchet up the coolness and usability to a whole other level.

I think it's about the most perfect thing (iPod/iTunes/music store) Apple has ever done, hands down.

BUY!!!!!!!
  • Reply 14 of 18
    Yep, I have to agree, the iPod and iTunes got me to put all my music on to my computer, 16,100 songs now. The best thing is the smart playlist in iTunes where I can set it to play all the songs that I haven't heard lately (Playcount = 0). That along with making CD's for the long drives through Nevada. Just getting a piece of equipment to hook my iPod directly to my truck stereo, couldn't ask for more.

thanks Apple.
  • Reply 15 of 18
    I want it... I need it... I love it... U gotta have it!

Feed the pod. Be the music.
  • Reply 16 of 18
    bodhibodhi Posts: 1,424member
    Going to General Discussion...
  • Reply 17 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by Krassy

buy

Originally posted by rbfoye

buy

Originally posted by hmurchison

buy

SELL!
  • Reply 18 of 18
    spazspaz Posts: 58member
    sweet merciful jesus YES you should buy one.