I'm getting a vasectomy

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Tomorrow is the big day.

I will get a needle at the base of my penis, on top of the Tylenol 3s and Ativan that will already be in my system. I'll then have my vas deferens tugged out, then they're cauterized, and I'm good to go!

Not looking forward to the procedure, but the condom and pregnancy free future is going to be sweet.

Yee haw.

Oh yeah, don't click those links if you don't like seeing needles going into penises. Or blood at the base of penises. Or pictures of penises.

Found these at www.my-vasectomy.com.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 57
    good for you. way to take one for the team.
  • Reply 2 of 57
    calls for a final ceremonial salute and farewell swim/fly from the little murbots doesn't it?

where's that WTF video of power tools...

• Reply 3 of 57
    One of my co-workers was conceived after his father had a vasectomy ... and it wasn't the postman.
  • Reply 4 of 57
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    We have a final swim planned for tonight.

I may say a few words for the little guys. It's their doing though, they swim far too well to be trusted.

They'll still be produced, my body just absorbs them. Ewww.

Shit, this isn't like swallowing I hope.
  • Reply 5 of 57
    how about some before and after performance benchmarks...

boot time, throughput, etc...
  • Reply 6 of 57
    Definitely. I'll make some iMovies for everyone.

I also just ordered a 15GB iPod. Should get some bonus for sacrificing my scrotum to keep my wife off the operating table getting her tubes tied.

Still working on the engraving though.
  • Reply 7 of 57
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Quote:

Originally posted by curiousuburb

how about some before and after performance benchmarks...

boot time, throughput, etc...

That just made my day....slightly better
  • Reply 8 of 57
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

We have a final swim planned for tonight.

I may say a few words for the little guys. It's their doing though, they swim far too well to be trusted.

They'll still be produced, my body just absorbs them. Ewww.

Shit, this isn't like swallowing I hope.

be sure she reads the science

suddenly, i'm getting flashes from Woody Allen

• Reply 9 of 57
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

Originally posted by audiopollution

One of my co-workers was conceived after his father had a vasectomy ... and it wasn't the postman.

My science teacher said it felt like he was getting a good kick in the balls when he had his. He also said that they normally check to see if the procedure was completed correctly...so what AudioPollution says, DOES NOT happen.
  • Reply 10 of 57
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

My science teacher said it felt like he was getting a good kick in the balls when he had his. He also said that they normally check to see if the procedure was completed correctly...so what AudioPollution says, DOES NOT happen.

You'd hope that medical technology had progressed since 1978.

It's true about my co-worker. His dad should have sacrificed whatever was left in the pipes to a Kleenex. That's what you get for screwing 4 days after a snip.
  • Reply 11 of 57
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    \

Uh oh. My wife and I have had this discussion recently.

I don't want to do it. I think she should get her tubes tied. My argument is that if I died at 50, she'd be too old anyway to have kids if she got re-married. But what if she dies at 50, and I want to get married and have kids with a 30-year old? Needless to say, she wasn't too impressed by that argument.

Maybe I'll ask trumptman to start a new thread on the subject.
  • Reply 12 of 57
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    Congrats murbot.
  • Reply 13 of 57
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Oh god...and thin, non-latex condoms weren't good enough?
  • Reply 14 of 57
    God no. Can't stand 'em.

4 days after the snip! God, they told me I'd have to "flush the pipes" about 20 times before I'm good. I'll have sperm count tests at 2 and 3 months after the procedure too, to confirm a zero sperm count.

Now THAT will be fun.

• Reply 15 of 57
    discocowdiscocow Posts: 603member
    Quote:

Originally posted by audiopollution

If I remember correctly, it can take up to ≈20 ejaculations 'till all of those little white tadpole wannabe bastards are completely flushed out.
  • Reply 16 of 57
    discocowdiscocow Posts: 603member
    Erm, what he said.

Is there an echo in the building?
  • Reply 17 of 57
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

\

Uh oh. My wife and I have had this discussion recently.

I don't want to do it. I think she should get her tubes tied. My argument is that if I died at 50, she'd be too old anyway to have kids if she got re-married. But what if she dies at 50, and I want to get married and have kids with a 30-year old? Needless to say, she wasn't too impressed by that argument.

Maybe I'll ask trumptman to start a new thread on the subject.

Why? Mrs. Trumptman wants him to do the same thing. Of course the little trumptmen (almost 4 and 2 respectively) have a lot to do with that.

Nick
  • Reply 18 of 57
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Because I thought you might see it as some kind societal discrimination against men. I mean come on, women are pressuring men to literally get castrated!

Anyway congrats to murbot on worry-free sex!
  • Reply 19 of 57
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

Oh yeah, don't click those links if you don't like seeing needles going into penises. Or blood at the base of penises. Or pictures of penises.

Found these at www.my-vasectomy.com.

I sat in on two prostate seed implantations. The mixture of feces and blood is horrible sight.
  • Reply 20 of 57
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    Holy shit, miss a day, miss a lot.

Those pics are awful, I hate you for making me look, eek.

20 times before you're dry huh? What witht he infamous collection, that should take you about a day!