iPod with Windows ME--does it get any worse?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I purchased an iPod a couple of weeks ago and things started out OK. Even though MusicMatch would crash on my Dell P4 FREQUENTLY, I was able to put a fair amount of music on the iPod--and loved using the iPod.

Lately I've been having more difficulties. Forget about trying to actually use the sync function and have it work (silly me, I thought it would function like my Treo--put it in the cradle, press sync, and let it rip). Now not only does MusicMatch crash frequently, it also deletes the songs I have laboriously added, and doesn't even give me back the free space! I love having no songs loaded and only 12 GB of 30 available on the iPod!

So I keep having to restore, and start all over--one or two albums at a time until it crashes again.

I've kept Win ME on my PC (rather than XP) because of it's advantages for adding larger hard drives to my TiVos.

I guess I'll just have to go back to using my CD player that plays MP3s and WMA files until the G5s get here, hopefully by the end of the month.

If anyone knows of anything that might be causing this (other than the fact that Win ME totally sucks) I'd be happy to hear from you.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    sorry to state the obvious. ME totaly sucks. I can't help you at all, sorry.
  • Reply 2 of 17
    malokatamalokata Posts: 197member
    ME totally sucks.

Download Ephpod, it's free, and (from what I hear) better.
  • Reply 3 of 17
    spcmsspcms Posts: 407member
    I've heard windows ME totally sucks. Maybe that's your problem.
  • Reply 4 of 17
    Anyone ever told you that ME sucks?
  • Reply 5 of 17
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by T'hain Esh Kelch

Anyone ever told you that ME sucks?

What about me?
  • Reply 6 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

What about me?

yeah you suck too...
  • Reply 7 of 17
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    iPod=digital hub
  • Reply 8 of 17
    f1turbof1turbo Posts: 257member
    Thanks Malokata--I'll look into Ephpod.
  • Reply 9 of 17
    Quote:

iPod with Windows ME--does it get any worse?

No.

You should put Linux on that box and go here for more.
  • Reply 10 of 17
    I have been thinking about a Linux machine. I think I need to keep one Windows machine for compatibility with work, etc. Didn't realize how much stuff was out there for the iPod on Linux--thx for the link!
  • Reply 11 of 17
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    ME sucko soooo good soldier. Do you wanna come with me to Mac land?
  • Reply 12 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by F1Turbo

I have been thinking about a Linux machine. I think I need to keep one Windows machine for compatibility with work, etc. Didn't realize how much stuff was out there for the iPod on Linux--thx for the link!

No problem. Tell me how it works out.
  • Reply 13 of 17
    Well, now I've got a nice looking, $500 paperweight. I've uninstalled and reinstalled iPod and Music Match software 4 times, and can't even get the PC to recognize that it's there. I thought I saw somewhere that you get 90 days of free support for the iPod, but I can't find a phone number in the documentation. Anyone know this number? I hope they don't mean email support.

Went to the Apple store (Orlando)--and of course no G5s, but plenty of displays and people wearing G5 shirts.
  • Reply 14 of 17
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    Yep, I've seen someone had similar issues.

Google for "Windows ME sucks"

HTH.
  • Reply 15 of 17
    kennethkenneth Posts: 832member
    "Windows ME sucks"

I heard that many times already from my PC buddies.

I have never used Windows ME... 3.1, 95, 98, 2000, and XP are all I used.. but never touch ME.. strange.
  • Reply 16 of 17
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    WinME must suck, many PC manufacturers skipped on it and continued using 98SE because ME had too many issues.
  • Reply 17 of 17
    nemesisnemesis Posts: 138member
    Um hey if ME suc you can always upgrade to WIndows RG.

<br>

http://www.deanliou.com/WinRG/WinRG.htm