How to eat a lot...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Is it better to eat a alot fast or slower over an hour or two?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

Just puree your food and ingest it intravenously.
  • Reply 2 of 17
    Define better?

I do know that if you eat too fast you become full before the signal gets through to your brain to tell you that you are full and so you eat more than you would otherwise.
  • Reply 3 of 17
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

Originally posted by stupider...likeafox

Define better?

I do know that if you eat too fast you become full before the signal gets through to your brain to tell you that you are full and so you eat more than you would otherwise.

This is what I thought/wanted to know, I was wondering for links that prove or sho evidence for this.
  • Reply 4 of 17
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    What is your reason for doing this...?
  • Reply 5 of 17
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    Why do you want to eat a lot?
  • Reply 6 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by iBrowse

What is your reason for doing this...?

Two One-Pound Hamburgers...a bet.
  • Reply 7 of 17
    check this 60 Minutes broadcast transcript on the "Hunger Hormone", Grehlin

recent studies and news on the various 'triggers' for feeling full.

might help explain the why as well as the when
  • Reply 8 of 17
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Heh. Definitely faster for more volume.

I scarfed down 18 McD's cheeseburgers in under 25 minutes one time in college. Used to regularly eat a giant (20") pizza with everything on it, plus a medium (14") dessert pizza for dinner in high school. I was under 160 lbs, at 6'3". *shrug* Insane metabolism.
  • Reply 9 of 17
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    Quote:

slowly... i mean if they stay warm then they should keep good over a long time. remember the one data point limit of your stomach content is 8 pounds, if you digest it while eating it then there would always be less than one pound in your stomach...
  • Reply 10 of 17
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Eat slowly. The whole thing about signals from your brain needing time to reach your tummy is basically true. Just try it some time with something you eat regularly (and thus know how much you normally eat). You'll feel full after eating less than you normally would if you take some extra time between bites. Works for thirst too.

PS: Kihaha, I ate a whole sheet pizza in college. I have 2 friends who together inhaled 30 plates of dining hall food in something like 30 minutes. I should stress that I had that metabolism. That's a warning to all you youngins under 22!

PPS: Isn't it Pu36?
  • Reply 11 of 17
    Well I can easily eat one pound with room left over. Two would be harder and I probably wouldn't want to but I am 100% confident I could force it. I think a local grill house has a 3lb that if you eat you get free burgers from there for the rest of your life, I may have to try that. I am 175, but 5' 11". I am in good shape, just enjoy eating as all red blooded americans do ...the joys of being greedy
  • Reply 12 of 17
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    Do you have a time limit? If it was a 1 lb veggie burger, I could eat tranquilly 2 of them. In 2 days.
  • Reply 13 of 17
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

PS: KiCKaha, I ate a whole sheet pizza in college. I have 2 friends who together inhaled 30 plates of dining hall food in something like 30 minutes. I should stress that I had that metabolism. That's a warning to all you youngins under 22!

Yeah, but did you have that for dinner 3-4 times a week? In 10th grade they had us track everything we ate for a week, calculate nutrition, etc, etc, etc, and weigh before and after. I averaged 5400 calories a day. I was not in sports. I lost 3 pounds.

Which reminds me... it's dinner time.

Quote:

PPS: Isn't it Pu36?

Whut the... how did that happen?
  • Reply 14 of 17
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    Quote:

• Reply 15 of 17
    Quote:

You would be better off "training" and start increasing how much you eat at asitting right now. Unless your bet is tomorrow, I would start doubling your portions now, and only eat light portions of fruit on the day of. Good luck.

P.S. If you get desperate and can't eat anymore after the first ... just say you've gotta go pee and induce vomiting in the washroom. Splash a little water on your face and your good to go. Careful not to rely on this particular strategy too often as it is known to become "addictive"
  • Reply 16 of 17
  • Reply 17 of 17
    Haha, although cheating would be easier I'd rather do it the proper way. Also I will do it in less then one hour...I assume that is implied because doing it slowly over two days is cheating also.

2 One-Pound hamburgers won't be very hard, just would like to know the best way.

Now 3 will be harder haha.