SERIOUS yuck yuck - please pass around!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Today we had a representitive of Intel come into our Mac store for help getting on the internet through our free WiFi HotSpot.

When she couldn't get on, we tried to connect her through an ethernet connection, but this would not work as well.

After looking at her machine (an older IBM laptop) I noticed the following:

She had 17 (yup, SEVENTEEN!!) items running in her system tray, and about 10gb of mp3's in her hard drive which gave her about 60mb of free space - not even enough to do a defragmentation!

She was amazed when I loaded a small firewire driver, stuck the card into her PCMCIA slot, and began to download her mp3's to our server though on of the store's display computers.

Less than five minutes later, she had enough room to defragment her drive!

After this was accomplished, we loaded updated drivers for her 802.11b card and -poof!- she was online to Intel through their VPN.

No hassle, no problems.... YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN THE LOOK ON HER FACE!!!

I tried to sell her a new PowerBook, but she sheepishly said she couldn't because she woud be immediatly fired, but I <did> get a dig in about her bosses commements about how "Apple processors are behind the times".

Oh yeah - her battery crapped out after just 50 minutes of use from a fully charged state..

HEY INTEL, ARE YOU LISTENING??? We lowly Apple folk have succeeded ONCE AGAIN where you have failed - and with an Intel employee as witness to boot!

PS: sorry guys, out of respect of her privacy and Intel corporate security we WILL NOT give out the VPN setup, so DON'T ask!!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacBuddhaHaHa

I tried to sell her a new PowerBook, but she sheepishly said she couldn't because she woud be immediatly fired, but I <did> get a dig in about her bosses commements about how "Apple processors are behind the times".

Whoa, it's like the thought police.

And they still think the G5 was a bad choice! Ahahahah, petty morons!
  • Reply 2 of 3
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Poor sucker...and Intel doesn't even provide its own employees with Centrinos!?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacBuddhaHaHa

I tried to sell her a new PowerBook, but she sheepishly said she couldn't because she woud be immediatly fired

I know somebody that works for Intel and he has a Mac. It's his personal machine, though. She must have meant that she'd be fired if she used Intel's money to buy a PowerBook. Actually, of course, that makes sense. It would be pretty bad if they fired you for the way you spent your own money.