For Sale: Upgraded blue & white G4

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Actually my brother is selling this, but he decided to go through me since I have more credibility (having over 2000 posts). Anyway, here are the specs:

- Processor is a G4/400, upgraded from a G3/400.

- Original Rage 128 graphics card was replaced with a Radeon Mac Edition PCI (not a Radeon 7000), so you can do the Quartz Extreme hack.

- 2x256 MB and 2x128 MB of RAM, for a total of 768 MB.

- 80 GB Western Digital WD800JB. This is the fast one that's 7200 RPM with 8 MB of cache

- Choice of the original DVD-ROM drive or a brand new KHypermedia 52x24x52x CD-RW. The problem with the CD-RW is that it's not bootable, and it doesn't work with Finder, iTunes, or iPhoto burning. Only Toast burning, and of course it'll read CDs. No price difference between the two, just take your pick.

- Internal Zip 100 MB drive

- Apple Pro Keyboard and Logitech Wheel Mouse included

- No modem

- Rev. 1 motherboard... although some of these had problems with large hard drives, this one doesn't. I have had no problems getting the 80 GB hard drive to work.

Asking price is $500 plus actual shipping from Stillwater, MN, zip code 55082. Or you can do a local pickup if you live in the Twin Cities.

You can PM me or email me if you're interested, or reply to the thread, or you could also email my brother... his email address is [email protected].