What up with Dick Gephardt and the unions

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I don´t get it. Can anyone explain it to me? First the Teamsters support him (and look at this to see someone who looks totally misplaced) and now it looks like he is the union candidate.

Gephardt is not the type that looks like the typical union candidate. Is there something I am missing or is this an example of the big boys network? For me it looks like Gepardt and Hoffa are good friends from law school and that whoever is good friends with Hoffa is good friends with the rest of that union (OT: Hoffa? any relation?).

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Yeah he's definitely the union candidate. He's spent much of his political career making unions happy on a variety of issues, in particular by opposing free trade agreements such as NAFTA.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Unions gives him money ... he votes for their stuff and against other people's stuff. He sold himself to big labor.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

Yeah he's definitely the union candidate. He's spent much of his political career making unions happy on a variety of issues, in particular by opposing free trade agreements such as NAFTA.

Oppose NAFTA! End Reaganonics! Isolationism!