What 15" G4Ti replacement will Apple announce next Tuesday?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
... it's gonna come!

Any other suggestions, not listed?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 50
    krassykrassy Posts: 595member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BNOYHTUAWB

... it's gonna come!

G4 1,25GHz 1400*875
  • Reply 2 of 50
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BNOYHTUAWB

... it's gonna come!

G4 Alu 1 ghz with all the features of the 17 inch powerbook, or no new change until the new PPC 7457 are shipping in number.
  • Reply 3 of 50
    15.4 inch, G5 1.2Ghz, Superdrive, 128Mb ATI 9700, 80Gb, Airport Extreme, Firewire 400, Firewire 800,
  • Reply 4 of 50
    Quote:

Originally posted by bobpensik

15.4 inch, G5 1.2Ghz, Superdrive, 128Mb ATI 9700, 80Gb, Airport Extreme, Firewire 400, Firewire 800,

Bob, if that comes with a higher than 1280 screen resolution, then I'm buying!
  • Reply 5 of 50
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Where's the "1GHz AlBook G4" option?
  • Reply 6 of 50
    ...still people holding on to the zero percent chance of there being a g5 in a powerbook by next week.

taken, no matter what comes out, when it does i'll be buying

p.s: there are too many of these threads, but im sure you knew that.
  • Reply 7 of 50
    Quote:

Originally posted by Leonis

Where's the "1GHz AlBook G4" option?

If it would be 1GHz G4, then they would not update.

Anyway the TiBook will probably stay around for the OS9 addicts, they're still buying. I would not mind buying one myself if we see another price drop, say 15% off ...
  • Reply 8 of 50
    Quote:

Originally posted by hyperion

p.s: there are too many of these threads, but im sure you knew that.

There are not enough Powerbook updates, I hope Apple knows this
  • Reply 9 of 50
    No new 15" PBs are coming anytime soon. My 1ghz TiBook shipped from the apple store on Friday. It will be here Tuesday.

Sorry to those of you who believed the rumors, but nothing is happening this week.

My suspicion is of an announcment, but no shipment, of the PowerBook G5 in Paris, available to preorder, and shippable in January.

Doubtless Steve has realized that it is a mistake to wager the future of Apple's most lucrative line of computers on the reliability of Motorola. Moto out, IBM in.
  • Reply 10 of 50
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    Brand New PowerBooks on Monday, August 25th. 9:00 AM ET on apple.com. 15.2-inch screen, nVidia graphics, illuminated keyboard. You just wait and see.
  • Reply 11 of 50
    drxcmdrxcm Posts: 50member
    Well...

I live in New Zealand, I went to buy a 15" the other day because i just cant wait any longer...

Anyway it seems that the only powerbook available is the 12" combo.. Apple NZ is out of all other stock.. nationwide.. Apparently I can't even order one from Apple as they are "not available anymore"

There are no powerbooks in this freakin country for me to buy!! I take this as a good sign for new powerbooks next week.
  • Reply 12 of 50
    Quote:

Originally posted by chomsky

No new 15" PBs are coming anytime soon. My 1ghz TiBook shipped from the apple store on Friday. It will be here Tuesday.

If you order a Mac, even one that's about to be discontinued, and Apple has one in stock, they will ship it. They'd much rather sell a PowerBook at full price than knock $300 off and unload it on a reseller to sell as a discontinued model.

If your Ti was a custom configuration, though (eg, 867MHz with SuperDrive and 60GB hard drive), that would be more significant. That would mean TiBooks mght still be coming off the assembly line.
  • Reply 13 of 50
    Quote:

Originally posted by DHagan4755

Brand New PowerBooks on Monday, August 25th. 9:00 AM ET on apple.com. 15.2-inch screen, nVidia graphics, illuminated keyboard. You just wait and see.

Really? Will you buy me an iPod if you're wrong?
  • Reply 14 of 50
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    Quote:

Really? Will you buy me an iPod if you're wrong?

No, that would be silly. Apple had a few last minute details to work out, and they should be ready this week. Tuesday at the latest, but it is really going to happen Monday. I have faith, don't you?
  • Reply 15 of 50
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

No, that would be silly. Apple had a few last minute details to work out, and they should be ready this week. Tuesday at the latest, but it is really going to happen Monday. I have faith, don't you?

I was once told by a blind man in an ally that you should never put any faith in anyone from the dark side of the moon
  • Reply 16 of 50
    Quote:

I guess it makes sense in a demented, murphy's law sense - that my 15" TiBook would arrive the day after it had been EOL'd and replaced by the newer model. And undoubtedly by the time I return it, get my refund, and order the new model, there will be a month-long wait. Figures.

The thing that sucks is that I've used this year's education discount on my purchase, so that after I return the computer, I won't be eligible for another discount for another year. What a burn... it's almost enough to put me off switching.

Maybe I'll just return the damn thing and sit on my money.
  • Reply 17 of 50
    Well there is one law to keep you from running into Murphy's law. This is the AI law, that states ALWAYS check AI and/or rumor sites before you plan to make a major Apple purchase. I too learned this the hard way as I bought a maxed out 667 VGA TiBook just weeks before the 800 DVI came out. The 15" has been destined for an upgrade for months, and fans of the 15 have been foaming at the mouth since January. But I can't say that I blame you for not being able to wait. Look on the bright side, you got the last of perhaps the sexiest notebook ever made, and your video card (Radeon 9000) may very well be superior to that of the updates, which are rumored to be Nvidia card. But you'll love your Mac, don't worry.
  • Reply 18 of 50
    Quote:

Originally posted by filmmaker2002

Well there is one law to keep you from running into Murphy's law. This is the AI law, that states ALWAYS check AI and/or rumor sites before you plan to make a major Apple purchase. I too learned this the hard way as I bought a maxed out 667 VGA TiBook just weeks before the 800 DVI came out. The 15" has been destined for an upgrade for months, and fans of the 15 have been foaming at the mouth since January. But I can't say that I blame you for not being able to wait. Look on the bright side, you got the last of perhaps the sexiest notebook ever made, and your video card (Radeon 9000) may very well be superior to that of the updates, which are rumored to be Nvidia card. But you'll love your Mac, don't worry.

Are you crazy? This thing is getting RMA'd and shipped back as soon as it arrives. I'm not even going to open it.
  • Reply 19 of 50
    rolorolo Posts: 686member
    I don't think any of the choices in the poll are accurate. What if the new 15" retains the 15.2" display and only maxes out at 1.25 GHz? That's what the latest rumors seem to suggest, if any can be believed.

What I'd most like to see is a 15.4" screen with better color depth. Aluminum enclosure with lighted KB would be quite fine.
  • Reply 20 of 50
    Quote:

Are you crazy? This thing is getting RMA'd and shipped back as soon as it arrives. I'm not even going to open it.

LOL, that works too.