How do we permanently enable Verbose mode

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
It's more interesting that a grey screen and has several interesting error messages like Little Snitch can't initialize localised strings or whatever and couldn't ALLOC class NVADAHAL or whatever, I'm guessing something NVIDIA. Is there a way to permanently enable Verbose mode instead of always hitting Cmd V?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    zapchudzapchud Posts: 844member
    Try this?

I don't know anything about whether this works, or how in newer versions of OS X, but it should be identical. Use at your own risk
  • Reply 2 of 7
    wjmoorewjmoore Posts: 210member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Zapchud

Try this?

I don't know anything about whether this works, or how in newer versions of OS X, but it should be identical. Use at your own risk

This command alone will achieve what you want:

Code:

% nvram boot-args="-v"

• Reply 3 of 7
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    No it won't. Not in 10.2.6. I read that on macosxhints and it must be for 10.1 because when I copy it into Terminal it says "%: Too many arguments."
  • Reply 4 of 7
    *chuckle* The % isn't part of the command; that's your problem. The % character is simply used to represent a new input line in the shell. The actual command you enter is:

sudo nvram boot-args="-v"

And to return to normal boot mode:

sudo nvram boot-args=""
  • Reply 5 of 7
    wjmoorewjmoore Posts: 210member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

No it won't. Not in 10.2.6. I read that on macosxhints and it must be for 10.1 because when I copy it into Terminal it says "%: Too many arguments."

Yeah sorry about that I just assumed you'd know that was the prompt, I'll know better next time.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Thanks Brad. Cant' believe I didn't notice that! Oops!
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Does that work in Panther.