New iPod Peripherals?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
From Mac Rumors

"Apple last updated the iPod line in April, 2003 with the introduction of the "3rd Generation" iPods at sizes of 10GB, 15GB and 30GB. The newest iPods sported a redesigned case as well as a new bottom connector, allowing the use of a Dock.

Reliable reports now indicate that Apple is poised to launch two new peripherals (not accessories) specifically for the 3rd Generation iPod owners. Unfortunately, details of the items are unavailable at this time."

Thoughts? Predictions?

My two cents: wireless remote/true home stereo interface combo.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    jrcjrc Posts: 817member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ensign Pulver

From Mac Rumors

"Apple last updated the iPod line in April, 2003 with the introduction of the "3rd Generation" iPods at sizes of 10GB, 15GB and 30GB. The newest iPods sported a redesigned case as well as a new bottom connector, allowing the use of a Dock.

Reliable reports now indicate that Apple is poised to launch two new peripherals (not accessories) specifically for the 3rd Generation iPod owners. Unfortunately, details of the items are unavailable at this time."

Thoughts? Predictions?

My two cents: wireless remote/true home stereo interface combo.

Chrome polish

itsy bitsy speakers

feminine hygeine-like WINGS

headphones that stay IN

another lousy GAME

keyboard for contacts/appts.

extended battery

gooseneck stand
  • Reply 2 of 7
    henriokhenriok Posts: 537member
    A microphone seems probable, don'tyou think? It's aready been established that it's possible, all that's missing is the actual thing.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    color display, bluetooth, pc card, slot.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    if it's not a microphone of some sort, i'll be surprised. it's already been revealed that the capability is latent in the 3g ipods, just waiting for a firmware update to unlock it.

my money on the other piece is a universal remote control attachment for things such as tv's, stereos, etc. recall that griffin attempted to create a similar device to use the 1st and 2nd gen ipods into universal remotes, but were asked to stop by apple. i cannot think of a single reason why they would have asked griffin to stop such development (there were even pictures in an issue of macaddict from a tradeshow, possible macworld january, of a functioning prototype at griffin's booth), unless apple was planning on doing the exact same thing.

it may also be an airport/bluetooth transmitter/receiver to allow cordless rendezvous streaming to devices in the home such as your mac or tivo, as well as wireless syncing to your home network for contacts, reminders, alarms, etc.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Now, ensign, we all know that if someone else posted this you would be all over them for making redundant threads...
  • Reply 6 of 7
    anyone thought of CF reader for iPod that would allow it to double as a digital wallet?

that would be way SWEET!
  • Reply 7 of 7
    celcocelco Posts: 211member
    1.Still camera (ie smaller isight design)

2. FM radio adapter.... ( has anyone thought why griffin was taking so song to release iTrip2... ) my speculation is that apple MAY have a hand in this... potentially buying the product.... look at the design... if apple was to buy any product this would be it....It looks so "apple" even though its designed elsewhere....