ELF :: Car Dealer attacks [SUVs]

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
http://www.earthliberationfront.com/...3/082203.shtml

All somewhat nearby where I am.

I don't necessarily condone this type of extreme action, but something inside me is rooting for ELF

Comments

• Reply 1 of 59
    argentoargento Posts: 483member
    Quote:

Originally posted by badtz

http://www.earthliberationfront.com/...3/082203.shtml

All somewhat nearby where I am.

I don't necessarily condone this type of extreme action, but something inside me is rooting for ELF

Eh tell me where your car is then, and after I'm done with it we'll see if you're still rooting for them.
  • Reply 2 of 59
    i dont have a gas guzzler. i dont need a big a$$ Hummer to drive myself around.

i somehow dont think ELF will target my car.

parts of me think it's kind of extreme. also, like the person who started this thread, some parts of me also root for ELF as well.
  • Reply 3 of 59
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Rooting for what? I'm sure ELF's endpoint is not what you have in mind. Give up your Tyler Derden fantasies while you can.
  • Reply 4 of 59
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Rooting for them? I ask you to believe me that I am not trying to insult you...but are you certifiably insane? The ELF has a .pdf on their website showing people how to start fires with electrical timers. They advocate extreme environmental terrorism.

Maybe you haven't seen this picture on their page? (www.earthliberationfront.com). They advocate and claim responsibility for burning down housing developments.

This is terrorism. Pure and simple. They will not stop or even slow urban sprawl this way. They risk lives. They destroy personal property. I cannot respect any person who "roots for" them.

Let me post it one more time:

"SDW, the board doesn't lean Left".
  • Reply 5 of 59
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Tyler does not support ELF and its crunchy, granola-loving members. In point of fact he would kick all of their vegetarian asses if only he had enough time. He does note however, that his soap sells extremely well with rabid tree huggers.

Tyler does not spray-paint car dealerships, instead he uses creative methods to enlighten the world about excess want and wealth accumulation. Tyler... is evolved.

That said, the fact that Detroit continues to make and market bigger and bigger Suburban Utility Vehicles, and refuses to make concessions on gas mileage targets for all vehicles, makes me hope for a new invention that puts them out of business. H2s are just... laughable. How small does your penis (or brain if you're a woman) have to be in order to covet one of these things?
  • Reply 6 of 59
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    ELF's actions are probably going to have no effect on the demand for SUVs. Maybe a few people will have a change of heart, but there are going to be intentionally defiant purchases too.

They just end up increasing the production at the automakers and raising insurance rates for all of us. Great. More natural resources wasted.
  • Reply 7 of 59
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    These people are stupid and ridiculous.

The augmentation of the number of big cars who pollute the atmosphere is a serious issue, but the individuals freedoom are important also. I don't want to have a censor behind me, who explain me all day and all night what is good and bad.

Let's imagine some similars actions :

- paint on the face of any smoker : pollute, kill himself and his neigbours

- paint beans cans : don't eat them or you will produce methane

• Reply 8 of 59
    Quote:

How small does your penis (or brain if you're a woman) have to be in order to covet one of these things?

Pfft. H2s are bought by rich guys with trophy wives and beach houses... not by insecure dot-com nerds. Not anymore at least.

I'm just waiting for some arsonists, firefighters or miscellaneous random people to get seriously hurt.
  • Reply 9 of 59
    tmptmp Posts: 601member
    Kind of funny that they decry pollution by setting fire to an oil-filled, plastic laden SUV.
  • Reply 10 of 59
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tmp

Kind of funny that they decry pollution by setting fire to an oil-filled, plastic laden SUV.

Ironic, huh? And the last time this happened, the guy smoked a cig before they blew the SUV lot sky-high...I hate SUVs, but why not slash their tires instead?
  • Reply 11 of 59
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

Pfft. H2s are bought by rich guys with trophy wives and beach houses... not by insecure dot-com nerds. Not anymore at least.

Yah, because there are no rich guys who have both trophy wives and small penii. A guy can have all the trophies in christendom and still feel awful insecure about that little wiener of his. That's why they like H2's -- makes them feel like they can run over the big-peckered guy in the beat up Oldsmobile.

Hint: trophy wives seek out money before all else. So after they get married to the rich guy, they fuk the pool boy when [the husband with the small pecker] is at work.

• Reply 12 of 59
    delete me.
  • Reply 13 of 59
    Quote:

Originally posted by Moogs

Yah, because there are no rich guys who have both trophy wives and small penii.

Pretty much. Most of the rich guys here were captains of their rowing or lacrosse teams in high school and college and were probably fed nothing but prime cut porterhouses as children. Plus, they come from old money, where generations of hot and fit chicks mated to hot and fit dudes have stacked the family gene pool.
  • Reply 14 of 59
    badtzbadtz Posts: 949member
    I'm not actually rooting for ELF themselves [as environmental extremists] ... but I'm [quiet but consciously] rooting for the act they did.

My rooting basically equates to "hate SUVs = blowing them up".

I really don't think peoples "right to freedom" means the right to own a big oversized everyday vehicle that gets 10mpg! There's SO many cons to driving a SUV it's rediculous. Our freedom stems from taking advantage of other countries, and giving our citizens the pseudo-reality that you can do whatever you choose to do.

I already feel bad driving a car that gets 25-30, let alone 10 or less mpg!

Of course, this is all imo. \
  • Reply 15 of 59
    Well badtz, if you feel so bad about the gas milage your car gets, then don't drive.

What you don't realize is that your comment is the exact reason car makers produce bigger and bigger SUV's--because even though everyone complains about them, massive amounts of consumers still buy them. Car makers are a business, here on this planet to provide a product and make a profit. As long as they make a profit they will keep producing SUV's. The marketplace produces results.
  • Reply 16 of 59
    Quote:

I hate kittens. Let's blow them up. Don't be stupid. Burning down car dealerships isn't going to do anything but take money out of insurers (and out of your pocket subsequently), inflate Detroit's production numbers, ruin a businessman's life, seriously injure people, create a lot of toxic smoke.
  • Reply 17 of 59
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Quote:

I'm not actually rooting for ELF themselves [as environmental extremists] ... but I'm [quiet but consciously] rooting for the act they did.

So you just blow up things you don't like? How intelligent of you.

Quote:

I really don't think peoples "right to freedom" means the right to own a big oversized everyday vehicle that gets 10mpg!

Bill of Rights. Read it. Love it.

Quote:

There's SO many cons to driving a SUV it's rediculous. Our freedom stems from taking advantage of other countries,

So let's see. We give them money for their oil and therefor because we pay the price they set we are taking advantage of them? Some would say that OPEC takes advantage of every country that guys oil from them? Maybe we should blow them up?

Quote:

and giving our citizens the pseudo-reality that you can do whatever you choose to do.

It's never been a reality (or even a "pseduo-reality") that you can do what ever you choose to do.

Quote:

I already feel bad driving a car that gets 25-30, let alone 10 or less mpg!

Of course, this is all imo. \

Yea but when you support actions like the ELF you opinion aint just another opinion anymore. You need to recommit yourself to individual rights and respect for other people, even the one's you don't agree with.
  • Reply 18 of 59
    Quote:

I really don't think peoples "right to freedom" means the right to own a big oversized everyday vehicle that gets 10mpg!

Actually, that's exactly what it means. It also means that we are free to buy an electric vehicle, or a motorcycle, or take public transit.
  • Reply 18 of 59
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

I hate kittens. Let's blow them up.

Incidentally, I just stumbled upon this:

http://www.mrandmrswheatley.co.uk/catbang.html
  • Reply 20 of 59
    badtzbadtz Posts: 949member
    Quote:

Originally posted by 1seaside1

Well badtz, if you feel so bad about the gas milage your car gets, then don't drive.

What you don't realize is that your comment is the exact reason car makers produce bigger and bigger SUV's--because even though everyone complains about them, massive amounts of consumers still buy them. Car makers are a business, here on this planet to provide a product and make a profit. As long as they make a profit they will keep producing SUV's. The marketplace produces results.

Unfortunately, most major metropolitan cities in the US aren't designed to be pedestrian friendly and more or less require you to own a vehicle. I feel bad because of the fact we don't have a more efficient solution to our gas guzzling methods to get around.

I do realize that their is a "market" for SUVs, hence why [unfortunately] there's so many of them around. \