Mainstream US media blatantly pro-Israeli? No way!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014

Comments

• Reply 2 of 27
    You would be too if someone mislabels your anti-Zionism as anti-Semitism.
  • Reply 3 of 27
    chu_bakkachu_bakka Posts: 1,793member
    Quote:

Originally posted by The Blue Meanie

Surely not?

While I agree that the reporting of the conflict is less than detailed or even adequate... I wouldn't say that it's pro-isreali... sensationalist because it's the suicide bombings that get the press...

And I did see a news report about the 4-year old getting shot when it happened.

The whole situation is a disaster... and the blame doesn't rest with any one group.
  • Reply 4 of 27
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Of course it is pro-israel. What do you expect? This problem is much much bigger than just coverage of the conflict in Palestine, and I wrote about it in a post a couple of days ago:

Quote:

originally posted by giant

In December of 2001 Fox did a huge 4 part investigative report on Israeli spying and drug running in the US, and how investigations were actively being hampered by control of big parts of the US communication infrastructure by Israeli companies. This was a great amazing piece of journalism. They even cited officials in the FBI and CIA stating that suggesting Israeli spying was considered carreer suicide. It showed the link between Israeli ecstasy running and Israeli spying, and showed that Israelis had been casing federal building for months by posing as art students. It even talked about that fact that everyone arrested after 9.11 was Israeli. But what happened? All record of the story has been erased from the Fox News world. I have two of the videos and copies of the website from when it was up as well as the trascripts from lexis-nexis.

The fact is that most of what is going on in the world today is too politically sensitive for networks to touch it, especially in a time when so much of our foreign policy revolves around Israel.

• Reply 5 of 27
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    You have a flair for the obvious today Mr. Meanie.

Next you're going to tell us that the Vatican has looked the other way when it comes to abusive priests!

I think you're feeling a little today.

Try one of these 8) instead and let the sun shine in, home-slice.
  • Reply 6 of 27
    It's a huge jewish conspiracy... gimme a break.

Get a grip.
  • Reply 7 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by chu_bakka

conspiracy...

Well, your legitimacy just flew out the window!

BTW, I suppose Fox just needed the server space.

let me repeat it for you:

In December of 2001 Fox did a huge 4 part investigative report on Israeli spying and drug running in the US, and how investigations were actively being hampered by control of big parts of the US communication infrastructure by Israeli companies. This was a great amazing piece of journalism. They even cited officials in the FBI and CIA stating that suggesting Israeli spying was considered carreer suicide. It showed the link between Israeli ecstasy running and Israeli spying, and showed that Israelis had been casing federal building for months by posing as art students. It even talked about that fact that everyone arrested after 9.11 was Israeli. But what happened? All record of the story has been erased from the Fox News world. I have two of the videos and copies of the website from when it was up as well as the trascripts from lexis-nexis.
  • Reply 8 of 27
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:

Originally posted by The Blue Meanie

Another perspective on the intifada

Mainstream UK media blatantly anti-Israeli? No way!
  • Reply 9 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by giant

Well, your legitimacy just flew out the window!

BTW, I suppose Fox just needed the server space.

let me repeat it for you:

In December of 2001 Fox did a huge 4 part investigative report on Israeli spying and drug running in the US, ...... I have two of the videos and copies of the website from when it was up as well as the trascripts from lexis-nexis.

Can you post links to those? They sound interesting.
  • Reply 10 of 27
    There is an article on Salon that deals with some of the same issues:

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/20...nts/index.html

(you might have to click through some ads to read the entire thing)
  • Reply 11 of 27
    If anyone was wondering... I was being sarcastic.
  • Reply 12 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by Longhorn

Can you post links to those? They sound interesting.

This is always the best place to start.

http://www.cooperativeresearch.org/timeline/index.html
  • Reply 13 of 27
    I've seen that. I'm more interested in the Fox news reports. You said you had them?
  • Reply 14 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by Longhorn

I've seen that. I'm more interested in the Fox news reports. You said you had them?

Well, that really gives more info on it.

As for the Fox reports parts 3 & 4 can be found in video on-line. I got them a few months ago through a google search or from whatreallyhappened. That's also where the web pages are: http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/Is...ing-Part-1.htm

-he's set it up so you can use the links on the right to switch pages-

The transcripts can also be obtained through lexis-nexis or from many of the locations online, but you have the web pages up there so you don't need that.

http://www.google.com/search?q=fox+i...utf-8&oe=utf-8
  • Reply 15 of 27
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    What was that comment I made about the anti-jew media of Europe?
  • Reply 16 of 27
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Quote:

Originally posted by giant

Of course it is pro-israel. What do you expect? This problem is much much bigger than just coverage of the conflict in Palestine, and I wrote about it in a post a couple of days ago:

You're right. It's those damn jews. What else could I expect from that conniving lot.
  • Reply 17 of 27
    Of course America is pro-Israel. Look at the other countries in the region, and America's relationships and histories with them, and ask yourself who else America would be friends with?

There's also many Jews living in the US, some with money/clout, so they influence foreign policy. Some even have large media holdings and thus their influence is extended through the media.

You'd have to be on crack to argue that America is a) Anti-Israel (on a gov't level) or b) America is non-partisan.

Newsflash: People have biases, be they Israelis, Americans, or Arabs. Get over it.

BTW, Scott, making sweeping statements about Europe's media comes across as silly. All you know about European media is what you read in American media, which may or may not be pro-Israel... Besides which, Europe is a large and diverse place. (arbitrary example: Witness Britain and Spain backing the US invasion of Iraq, with France, Germany etc opposing it.)
  • Reply 18 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by 1337_5L4Xx0R

Of course America is pro-Israel. Look at the other countries in the region, and America's relationships and histories with them, and ask yourself who else America would be friends with?

(Also for the rest of you who have kindly pointed out the obviousness of America's pro-Israeli stance...):-

Isn't there a difference though (or at least shouldn't there be) between America as corporate/ national/ government entity and the media? Isn't the media supposed to be an emotional reporter of facts? Or am I just a hopeless idealist? \
  • Reply 19 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by Moogs

You have a flair for the obvious today Mr. Meanie.

Next you're going to tell us that the Vatican has looked the other way when it comes to abusive priests!

I think you're feeling a little today.

Try one of these 8) instead and let the sun shine in, home-slice.

Okay then, Moogsie....8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

PS - Further shock news on the Vatican front: the Pope's Catholic apparently!
  • Reply 20 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

Mainstream UK media blatantly anti-Israeli? No way!

Well, I dunno, Russ - Israeli soldiers casually gunning down schoolchildren in the street... worthy of a few column inches, wouldn't you say?