What Powerbook to buy?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Ok I have a problem. I have a friend that owes me a favor. He told me to go to the local store and pick out something. Up to $3500.00!!! What do I get? I already have the 12inch Powerbook that I am thinking of selling. Do I get a 15 and not have the Bluetooth and other features that the 12 and 17 have or do I go with the 17 and try to figure out how to lug it through airports? HELP!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    Wait for the updates, and then get a 12" PB and the 20" display, assuming that the next rev includes DVI-out in all models.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Bah! I have used a lapzilla. They are quite nice and compact. But I'd still wait for the PowerBooks to be updated. You don't want to end up kicking yourself.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by GreggWSmith

Ok I have a problem. I have a friend that owes me a favor. He told me to go to the local store and pick out something. Up to $3500.00!!! What do I get? I already have the 12inch Powerbook that I am thinking of selling. Do I get a 15 and not have the Bluetooth and other features that the 12 and 17 have or do I go with the 17 and try to figure out how to lug it through airports? HELP!!

What the hell kind of favor does he owe you, that's a damn nice favor. Wait til Paris, if nothing is released...wait longer. Sell your 12", and take that and buy a 20" Cinema Display.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Ok I got the 17inch Powerbook today! It is really nice. I am going to use it for a week or two before I decide which to keep.