It's happened!! I'm PUBLISHED!!!!!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
This is my first time published and I'm super-souped!!! Let me know what you all think!!!!!

Upper right corner!!

http://www.computerworld.com/softwaretopics/os/macos/

There's a couple of things the editor got wrong, and I've already emailed him the corrections (like 16gigabits is supposed to be 16 gigaBYTES) but other than that, what do you all think???

Comments

• Reply 1 of 18
    nemesisnemesis Posts: 138member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gambit

This is my first time published and I'm super-souped!!! Let me know what you all think!!!!!

Upper right corner!!

http://www.computerworld.com/softwaretopics/os/macos/

There's a couple of things the editor got wrong, and I've already emailed him the corrections (like 16gigabits is supposed to be 16 gigaBYTES) but other than that, what do you all think???

Good Article. I like your writing style. Very Cool.
  • Reply 2 of 18
    Congrats....and an informative read too.

Keep spreading the Word of Steve-o
  • Reply 3 of 18
    Excellent work Gambit
  • Reply 4 of 18
    gambitgambit Posts: 475member
    Wow. It's been put on MacSurfer, it's the third story down. Oh man.
  • Reply 5 of 18
    nice one !
  • Reply 6 of 18
    I actually consider every post I write here as being published. I am creating quite a resume!
  • Reply 7 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by GreggWSmith

I actually consider every post I write here as being published. I am creating quite a resume!

• Reply 8 of 18
    markivmarkiv Posts: 180member
    Congratulations, the article was a good read. Defintely woth putting on the resume.
  • Reply 9 of 18
    not a bad article, a few things stood out here and there that made me do one of these but...overall it was a nice read, and you definitely have a good voice in the piece.
  • Reply 10 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robust

not a bad article, a few things stood out here and there that made me do one of these but...overall it was a nice read, and you definitely have a good voice in the piece.

I know, I know. Not my fault, the editor got his hands on it butchered some shit. What'cha gonna do?

PS, which part made you cringe?
  • Reply 11 of 18
    yevgenyyevgeny Posts: 1,148member
    A good broad overview. One small not is that 4GB is totally overadequate for writing email... it is only inadequate for science apps, video editing, 3d, etc.
  • Reply 12 of 18
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gambit

I know, I know. Not my fault, the editor got his hands on it butchered some shit. What'cha gonna do?

PS, which part made you cringe?

Just general repetition of the same words and phrases. That always makes me
  • Reply 13 of 18
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Very good, the writing style is excellent, but it really didn't shed any lght on anything that Apple's G5 video didn't.
  • Reply 14 of 18
    Yevgeny: the editor (or the copy desk, not sure which) threw in the examples. I contacted them and repeatedly told them to remove the examples or change that sentence to something more like " four gigs is fine for word processing to photoshop or low end digital video editing work" ...... but they refused, saying "it'll be fine."

That's the one thing I cannot stand: the speed of which they'll change a perfectly good sentence but then refuse to alter their changes to something that actually makes sense.

As for the article not containing new information, sorry, I don't have access to Apple's secret underground lair. heh I thought I'd mention the more little-known advantages of the G5 and bring them to light.

Anyway, time to work on my new article.
  • Reply 15 of 18
    jesperasjesperas Posts: 524member
    Nice. Congrats--there's nothing like seeing your name in print. 8)

Do you freelance, or work on staff?
  • Reply 16 of 18
    I freelance, though I used to work for Computerworld's IT department years ago. I just found out my article ranked seventh most read in the entire CW site! Sweet.
  • Reply 17 of 18
    rickagrickag Posts: 1,626member
    Congratulations

Nice article, let us know when you have more published.

Now that your an insider, when will the G5 Powerbooks be coming out.
  • Reply 18 of 18
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Congratulations. Nice and balanced article.

However i have been already published (and also Audiopollution) in a french review where they quoted the reaction of web-surfers after the presentation of the G5 by SJ.

I was surprised, to see a quote of me translated in french, in the most important french review about the mac.

BTW we canno't compare it with your professional article : i hope you a good future, with many others good articles related to the mac.