Face it NO G5's are shipping in No's

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
None of the Apple stores have any stock and very few people have received anything. Dual's now looked to be pushed a Month and Apple has been pulling this same CR AP for years.

Guess what, I'm sick of apple announcing products Months ahead of there availability only to push the date even further when it comes time to ship. This practice needs to stop and Apple needs to inform pre-purchasers why this is happening!

Let me add I ordered a standard config dual on 6/23 and now am seeing a ship date of 9/29

Comments

• Reply 1 of 30
    Quote:

Originally posted by zoozx27

None of the Apple stores have any stock and very few people have received anything. Dual's now looked to be pushed a Month and Apple has been pulling this same CR AP for years.

Guess what, I'm sick of apple announcing products Months ahead of there availability only to push the date even further when it comes time to ship. This practice needs to stop and Apple needs to inform pre-purchasers why this is happening!

Let me add I ordered a standard config dual on 6/23 and now am seeing a ship date of 9/29

BOOO HOO HOO!

dont we have enough of these mo-fo threads?

besides, we all know that the G4 Imac is superior!
  • Reply 2 of 30
    yevgenyyevgeny Posts: 1,148member
    Quote:

Originally posted by zoozx27

This practice needs to stop and Apple needs to inform pre-purchasers why this is happening!

Because the machines are incredibly popular? Because demand is high? Because supplies are limited? Because you wanted two 2GHz CPUs instead of one 1.8?

I attended the Stevenote at the local Apple store and after Mr. Jobs presentation, the Apple store employees announced that the dual G5 would start shipping in the first week of Sept.
  • Reply 3 of 30
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    Can you explain the title? Where's No's? And why are there no G5s shipping there?
  • Reply 4 of 30
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    What, Steve has something against New Orleans?
  • Reply 5 of 30
    I am IRATE that Apple pushed back the ship date on me an entire MONTH the night before my machine was supposed to ship. They obviously knew they werent going to ship them on time. If you ask me, Apple has committed FRAUD on it's customers and investor by repeatedly and recently LYING about when these machines would ship. And I am an education customer, for what it's worth. With a 3 month delay before getting the G5, why the hell shouldn't we all cancel our orders and wait for the faster model that will only be a couple more months away? Apple has really violated the trust of the consumers this time. For shame!

Somewhat less mad that after calling to bitch at Apple, and asking if I could cancel my order, they took $75 off the price. Somewhat lessens the pain.
  • Reply 6 of 30
    Remember, your ship date says "on or before x/x/03". My 1.8 shipped two weeks before my estimated date. Give them a chance.
  • Reply 7 of 30
    tidristidris Posts: 214member
    Quote:

Originally posted by craig12co

With a 3 month delay before getting the G5, why the hell shouldn't we all cancel our orders and wait for the faster model that will only be a couple more months away?

Yes, you please all do that. Maybe then I will get my dual G5 by the original shipping date.
  • Reply 8 of 30
    msanttimsantti Posts: 1,377member
    Quote:

My 1.8 shipped two weeks before my estimated date. Give them a chance.

That is the exact reason we don't want to give them a chance. What makes some people more special than others?

My order totals a phat $3600 after BTO options,tax, and shipping.
  • Reply 9 of 30
    Quote:

Originally posted by msantti

That is the exact reason we don't want to give them a chance. What makes some people more special than others?

My order totals a phat $3600 after BTO options,tax, and shipping.

And that's why YOU should be the one that's more special than others ???

I'll just wait 'til I get my Dual G5, even though I wished it had been delivered to me "yesterday"...
  • Reply 10 of 30
    Thats right.

Apple is making more money off my ass.

And I don't appreciate finding out I got stuck the salami just hours before the now "bullshit and lies" original shipping date.

My loyalty is being severly tested at the moment.
  • Reply 11 of 30
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by alfrank

And that's why YOU should be the one that's more special than others ???

I'll just wait 'til I get my Dual G5, even though I wished it had been delivered to me "yesterday"...

So will I.

And if My dual is shipped late in september, and Panther is released officialy for Apple expo Paris, it will means that SJ will give us a free upgrade : good for me.
  • Reply 12 of 30
    Free?

The way its going, G5 owners will have to pay an additional Apple tax for Panther.
  • Reply 13 of 30
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Free?

The way its going, G5 owners will have to pay an additional Apple tax for Panther.

Not if their G5 ships after the public release of Panther.
  • Reply 14 of 30
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    Quote:

Thats right.

Apple is making more money off my ass.

And I don't appreciate finding out I got stuck the salami just hours before the now "bullshit and lies" original shipping date.

My loyalty is being severly tested at the moment.

Wow, don't order much do you? Crap happens. Shipping is delayed. Problems occur. As far as Apple is concerned, they officially said last night everything is on track to ship ALL models this month. What's the problem? If you are really tried and feel deceived then cancel the order. I know there's the disappointed and tease factor from a G5 induced roller coaster but I think you may be a tad melodramatic about this.
  • Reply 15 of 30
    Attention early adopters: In order to perform a public health service, I wish to inform all those who PRE-ordered their G5's and are now suffering acute rage to please let this be a learning experience. If and when Apple ever meets a shipping date it is just barely. Some lucky ones get theirs early, most don't. If your ordering the newest of the new (and I think a new case design, new motherboard, new processor, new everything counts as NEW), then you should heed Dr. Murphy: Anything than can go wrong does eventually go wrong. Is anyone realy surprised that Apple isn't shipping every last PRE-order by the deadline? I'm not, I expected it. You see I'm calm and cool, no high blood pressure, birds are singing outside my window... you get the picture. Just relax, its business as usual. You'll get your new toys soon and all will be well. And next time, don't order the new stuff if you can't wait the inevitable wait.

edit: Ahh yes, after posting I've noticed that KidRed also has happy little birds singing outside his (?) window. Any other peaceful denizens in MacVille?
  • Reply 16 of 30
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    Sheesh, it's like some people just can't comprehend the complexity of selling electronics in a just-in-time manufacturing era.

While it is possible that Apple is deceiving customers in order to earn more money, this is a rather immature and inflammatory stance to take. It is incredibly difficult to accurately predict how fast production and distribution can be ramped-up. Nor is it easy to predict the production capacity for all stages of the process. I believe apple does a fairly typical job of predicting yield and customer demand and then providing reasonable shipping forecasts.

When ordering something yet to be produced, don?t delude yourself into thinking that estimated ship dates are written in stone.
  • Reply 17 of 30
    Quote:

Originally posted by dfiler

Sheesh, it's like some people just can't comprehend the complexity of selling electronics in a just-in-time manufacturing era.

While it is possible that Apple is deceiving customers in order to earn more money, this is a rather immature and inflammatory stance to take. It is incredibly difficult to accurately predict how fast production and distribution can be ramped-up. Nor is it easy to predict the production capacity for all stages of the process. I believe apple does a fairly typical job of predicting yield and customer demand and then providing reasonable shipping forecasts.

When ordering something yet to be produced, don?t delude yourself into thinking that estimated ship dates are written in stone.

I have no illusions. But "on or before" is far different in meaning than "estimated" and I also seriously think Apple was not caught unaware that they would not be shipping 50,000 Macs last night. They had weeks notice, and they did nothing to ease the shock, instead updating it at the 11th hour so that most people, expecting to see a tracking number today, saw a month delay. I don't think people are mad that Apple can't deliver, but rather how Apple handled the delivery, and toyed with expectations.
  • Reply 18 of 30
    ionyzionyz Posts: 491member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Carson O'Genic

edit: Ahh yes, after posting I've noticed that KidRed also has happy little birds singing outside his (?) window. Any other peaceful denizens in MacVille?

Oh yes, quite peaceful. However I don't have much use for a G5 so I'm still chugging away watching people freak. A bit satisfying.
  • Reply 19 of 30
    I would just like Apple to address the situation.

But then, we might just get some major spin.

"Due to the overwhelming demand for the worlds most powerful computer, our factories are working overtime to meet a much higher than anticipated demand of the dual 2.0 GHz Power Mac G5."

I would have hoped that Apple figured that the G5 would be of highest demand. There is a history to this trend.

But maybe its due to the power outage at Fishkill a few weeks ago.

• Reply 20 of 30
    Quote:

Originally posted by craig12co

I have no illusions. But "on or before" is far different in meaning than "estimated" and I also seriously think Apple was not caught unaware that they would not be shipping 50,000 Macs last night. They had weeks notice, and they did nothing to ease the shock, instead updating it at the 11th hour so that most people, expecting to see a tracking number today, saw a month delay. I don't think people are mad that Apple can't deliver, but rather how Apple handled the delivery, and toyed with expectations.

I don't disagree with what has been said, but after checking my Order Status almost daily on the Apple Store for the past few weeks, I have noticed that it says, 'Open Est. Ship 09/29/2003'--note the Open, which may explain why they saw fit to first move from 08/29/2003 to 09/26/2003 to 09/29/2003. I can't say that they didn't warn me...

This does, however, chagrin me greatly, for my current machine is basically going down the tube--productivity to a minimum, now: word processing, e-mail, chat, and web surfing--and as the machine is no longer under warranty I'd rather not invest in any costly repairs. What can we do?

A call to a Store representative did not lead to a 'bribe' of $75, but I attempted to be very congenial and to hide my inner disappointment...