Price of new PowerBooks 15", PowerMac 970 (?)

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
So, whatcha think the price tags will be for the 970 PowerMac and the soon to come 15" PowerBooks? I'm hoping not too expensive, because I want one of each! ...of course that's probably too much to ask for.

[ 02-08-2003: Message edited by: Bioflavonoid ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    When the 15 incher appears, it will be between (logically) $2299 and $2999. I think it will be along the same lines as the current 15" models (whose values may or may not drop like bricks -- we may see a lot of people clamor to get them once they go out of production, seeing as they're the last to boot into 9 -- I just got an 867 15-incher, btw). But seeing as the pricing on the 17" model is so competitive for what it offers, I really don't see any new 15" model coming into the line until either a) motorola releases a new CPU or b) IBM releases a new CPU. Then again, Apple *has* raised prices to many's chagrin before.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    It would look bad to have the new models cost more than they are now. Apple almost never escalates prices.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    [quote]Originally posted by os10geek:

<strong>It would look bad to have the new models cost more than they are now. Apple almost never escalates prices.</strong><hr></blockquote>

heh
  • Reply 4 of 4
    To BRussel:

Heh what? It has only happened a couple times, last time being the added $100 for flat panel iMacs, and that was the manufacturer's fault, not Apple's. And look, the price went back down, and now they are another $100 cheaper with the most recent update.