ipod envy....

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
\ I love my Galadriel (my ipod). She is fair in my eyes and I will always treasure her. I purchased my pod aprox. 1 month before the new models came out and have not regretted it or felt cheated in anyway, until now. My new roommate called me while I was out of town for my B-day party, to announce to me his attainment of a new 15 gigger. I knew he wanted an ipod for sometime, he would often eye my Galadriel lustily. Then tonight I came home to see him with the new baby, and I held it and was immediately smitten. Should I approach him about perhaps about ipod swapping, are there other ipod swingers out there?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Why are you still holding on to a dead-end relationship with Galadriel? Dump her!
  • Reply 2 of 4

Seriously though. I love my ipod and did not feel the sting of the fact that the new ones came out less than a month from when I bought mine, until I saw my roommate's pod. This thing is gorgeous, and I thought I was blown away by the original design? Too bad I don't have the money to spring for it. If I did I think I'd be reluctant to part with my original ipod. I'd probably reassign it for just transfering data as a portable hard drive. Anyone running around with multiple ipods on their belt?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by LiquidR

Seriously though. I love my ipod and did not feel the sting of the fact that the new ones came out less than a month from when I bought mine, until I saw my roommate's pod. This thing is gorgeous, and I thought I was blown away by the original design? Too bad I don't have the money to spring for it. If I did I think I'd be reluctant to part with my original ipod. I'd probably reassign it for just transfering data as a portable hard drive. Anyone running around with multiple ipods on their belt?

Hmm, that is a good use to put to it. But I hear tell of a 50GB version coming this Novermber you might want to hold out for? which sucks, 'cause I just ordered a 15GB model today.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    ipeonipeon Posts: 1,122member
    Quote:

Originally posted by LiquidR

Seriously though. I love my ipod and did not feel the sting of the fact that the new ones came out less than a month from when I bought mine, until I saw my roommate's pod. This thing is gorgeous, and I thought I was blown away by the original design?

A friend of mine bought one after he'd fallen in love with my first generation 5G iPod. He purchased a new 30G. Gorgeous and slim it is. But, I prefer the controls on mine. The buttons just seem to work better and I prefer the feel of actually clicking and feeling the feedback from the button actually "clicking" vs touching and getting no physical feedback from the button. His seems to lag a bit, and at times even do nothing when you touches the buttons. Drives him crazy. I just smile. I also prefer the ergonomics of mine vs the knew ones. Buttons around the wheel is where they should be at. Do I have envy? Nope.