Using the Motorola T720 with iSync

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hello!!!

I have the Motorola T720 and I'm trying to use it with iSync but I'm having trouble. When iSync does a scan for devices it doesn't see it. I got the USB cable and hooked it up.

Is there anything else I need to do?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    What cable are you using, and where did you get it?

I have the same phone, and had problems with the first cable I bought from RadioShack. It wouldn' t see the device. I did some research and ended up getting a cable from Ebay that works just fine. You can go there and search for "motorola usb data cable". There are a bunch there to choose from now, and good prices. As long as you're on a Mac, you won't need the whole kit that comes with a CD. Good luck
  • Reply 2 of 9
    o-maco-mac Posts: 777member
    I bought the cable form CompUSA.

I don't remember the brand name but that brand had cables for other phones too...

Do I need to set sometihng up on the phone?
  • Reply 3 of 9
    There should be no need to set it up on the phone's side. If it is an off-brand (non-Motorola), there may be a driver or something to download. Any documentation with the cable? Like I said, the off-brand I originally had wouldn't work, even though the guy at RadioShack insisted that I needed to download a plugin, which I couldn't find.

When you plug it in, does the phone act like it's communicating? In iSync, once you have it connected, do you go to Devices->Add Device (it will search the system for anything new plugged it)?

I know how aggravating this is. I really do recommend the Motorola plug. Quick and no headaches. If you go back to CompUSA, you might check to see if they have an Apple rep on hand. They might be able to provide more assistance, though.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Well, when I plug the phone to thecable the phone beeps. But that's about it. I did seee the motorola cable but it was bundled with the data connection software.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    So in iSync, you do try to "Add Device" and it won't find it?

Where did you see the cable bundled? At CompUSA? I know that they want something crazy like $75 for it at the Motorola stores.

You can find the Data cables alone on Ebay really cheap. I saw one for "Buy Now" for under $5!
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Yes. I click on Add device and it doesn't find it.

CompUSA had the motorola data connection kit for $39.99.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by O-Mac

Yes. I click on Add device and it doesn't find it.

CompUSA had the motorola data connection kit for $39.99.

Whew! I bought mine off eBay for less than $10, and it works just fine. I don't know what else to tell you. iSync recognized it right away. Maybe return your cable? I'm not being much help here...
  • Reply 8 of 9
    Eh...I'll give it another try...maybe return the cable and get the motorola bundle. I must be misssing something....If I figure it out i'll send out another thread...

thanks!
  • Reply 9 of 9
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    does the USB port work? try another one