is the new iTrip available yet?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
checked the website and says it's available soooooooon,

anyone got any idea when would that be,

I wanna make sure it's availalbe before i buy the new iPod.

thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    bka77bka77 Posts: 331member
    I oredered the iTrip2 aprox. one month after they announced it and I hope that I will get it before Christmas!

The best thing is Griffin Technologies didn't even send an e-mail to the people which pre-ordered to tell that they will ship them later than first thought.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    ...there was another thread about the same thing and I'll say what I said there. With reviews pointing iTrip being the worst out of 4 FM Transmitters...why would you use it?

AudiaX is the best...it's on its way to me right now Only thing iTrip has is looks...I am envious of that though.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    ... Yea, looks and uses no batteries.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    firehcfirehc Posts: 368member
    oops, didnt see another thread,

looks and uses no batteries count
  • Reply 5 of 9
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

Originally posted by firehc

oops, didnt see another thread,

looks and uses no batteries count

It is nice...but it's more like which is more convenient...it uses batteries just not it's own. How much life does it take away from the iPod? I doubt much but more then nothing.

(not trying to discredit this as a very nice feature)
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Instead of getting the iTrip, which may never come out, I'm thinking I'll just get a new car CD/MP3 player with an aux plug in the front - no sound quality loss over the airwaves ( I understand that the frequency responce on FM only goes to 50 hz, and that won't induce bowel movement).

anyone have one they like, or know of a good one? I'd only be using the iTrip in the car, and this seems like a better solution.

thanks
  • Reply 7 of 9
    bka77bka77 Posts: 331member
    Son of Gib:

JVC has nice models with aux in check their homepage.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Didn't see anyone post this yet. They are SHIPPING!

'bout time 8)
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

...AudiaX is the best...it's on its way to me right now Only thing iTrip has is looks...I am envious of that though.

How about posting a review once you've had a chance to try it out. I've tried a couple of generic brand FM transmitters but they were worse than bad in their quality and their quirky operation and their susceptibility to interference when being used. I've returned them and am wondering if there is a truly usable FM transmitter out there somewhere?

Thanks