ATI 9000Pro not working on a dual 800

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
All it gives me is green and red blurry images. I'm using a dual 800 with an apple ADC 17". The original card works fine.

All ATI seem to say is that their driver works for 10.2.2. Has anyone got this thing working on 10.2.6? I just want a second monitor and the existing card only mirrors.

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    works fine for me here, have you checked the cable connections?

if you look closely at the monitor port on the card you see that there are small pins inside the adc port. If any of these are bent or broken it will give you the problem your describing, a small screwdriver to bend em back in place has worked for me in the past.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Thanks for the reply. The pins appear OK. I'm awaiting a second monitor with a dvi connection. Does running just the one monitor affect the card?
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by ajaysongs

Thanks for the reply. The pins appear OK. I'm awaiting a second monitor with a dvi connection. Does running just the one monitor affect the card?

not in the slightest, it just means you'll have all the horsepower directed to one monitor.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    So I guess I'm back to square one ... a dodgy card, or a computer that won't accept it. I'm under the impression that the dual 800 is a bit of a turkey when it comes to dual displays. Can't afford to replace it, so I'm stuck it seems.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by ajaysongs

So I guess I'm back to square one ... a dodgy card, or a computer that won't accept it. I'm under the impression that the dual 800 is a bit of a turkey when it comes to dual displays. Can't afford to replace it, so I'm stuck it seems.

the computer will accept the card, if the pins arent damaged like you said then you have a duff card, which if you bought new you should be able to get it replaced. i have 3 displays on my dual 867 MDD 2 running of the same card as your having problems with and the third off a radeon 7000.