iMac & Xbox

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Is there any way to hook up my Xbox to my iMac LCD

I was thinking maybe through the mini VGA port with some kind of adapter, man that would be really cool then I could just sit at my dest and play high res

By the way it's an 800 Mhz G4 iMac with super drive.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    There are USB devices that capture video that will allow you to display the Xbox in a small window. However, this is a silly option, as the resolution and clarity will be nowhere near that of a TV. The answer is really no; none that will give you the kind of gaming experience your use to. If you can afford it, this is what I currently use for my Xbox.

SyncMaster151MP/171MP

• Reply 2 of 4
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    I think even with a firmware mod, the highest resolution available from the xbox is 480p over YUV component. Even if the iMac display was analog based, it would still need special circuitry to convert the format. If this was accomplished, you'd have roughly the equivalent of 640x480. On an an LCD screen, this non-native resolution would be somewhat dissapointing.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, that the xbox will actually look better on a component capable television of equivalent size.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by dfiler

I think even with a firmware mod, the highest resolution available from the xbox is 480p over YUV component. Even if the iMac display was analog based, it would still need special circuitry to convert the format. If this was accomplished, you'd have roughly the equivalent of 640x480. On an an LCD screen, this non-native resolution would be somewhat dissapointing.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, that the xbox will actually look better on a component capable television of equivalent size.

the xbox's max res is 1080p but only in supported games eg halo and a few othersa
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Well it was worth a try.

So what can I hook to the mini VGA port ?

I monitor yes, but what else a TV a Projector right ?

I also need an adapter right