Is there an MS Messenger compatible IM client?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Anyone know of an IM that is compatible with MSN Messenger that has Voice over I.P. capabilities?\

My family (mac users) has friends and family who are international and who use MSN for Windows for Voice over I.P.

Obviously we would like to communicate with them via voice. and MSN Messenger fot the Mac is a no go and iChat is a no go.

Right now my dad is still using OS 9 but I'll be getting him and iMac or eMac soon.

Thanks!

-tink

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Probably cheaper to buy a desktop PC :P
  • Reply 2 of 5
    amoryaamorya Posts: 1,103member
    Just get them to use Skype. It's by far the most popular VoIP client, and is cross platform.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tink View Post

Anyone know of an IM that is compatible with MSN Messenger that has Voice over I.P. capabilities?\

My family (mac users) has friends and family who are international and who use MSN for Windows for Voice over I.P.

Obviously we would like to communicate with them via voice. and MSN Messenger fot the Mac is a no go and iChat is a no go.

Right now my dad is still using OS 9 but I'll be getting him and iMac or eMac soon.

Thanks!

-tink

Why not use Skype? For VOIP Skype has exponentially more users in Europe and Asia than MSN Messenger.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    aquamacaquamac Posts: 585member
    Another vote for Skype. It also supports cross platform video chat if any of you have a web cam.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    My god this thread is 5 YEARS OLD.