Advice for a tv purchase? Anyone know anything?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I have a question about projection tv's. I am obviously in the market and have a deal where I can get 0% financing and 0 down with no payments for 24 months. I am deciding I think between the following three tv's. Anyone have any suggestions or what I should know? This is last years model but at $1699 it seems pretty hot. The original price was like $2300 and I can probably get it knocked down to about $1500 with a warranty.

sony KP57WS500

sony KP46WT500 (Decided against this one!)

Mits WS48313

They are all at $1699.00 and priced to sell. Which one do you think I should be going with here? Any ideas or people who have them want to share their opinions? I probably can talk the sales guy down some since it is the older model or I can at least get him to throw in a free extended warranty and/or shipping.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:

Originally posted by jpp1cd

I have a question about projection tv's. I am obviously in the market and have a deal where I can get 0% financing and 0 down with no payments for 24 months. I am deciding I think between the following three tv's. Anyone have any suggestions or what I should know? This is last years model but at $1699 it seems pretty hot. The original price was like $2300 and I can probably get it knocked down to about $1500 with a warranty.

sony KP57WS500

sony KP46WT500 (Decided against this one!)

Mits WS48313

They are all at $1699.00 and priced to sell. Which one do you think I should be going with here? Any ideas or people who have them want to share their opinions? I probably can talk the sales guy down some since it is the older model or I can at least get him to throw in a free extended warranty and/or shipping.

I think one of the home theater mags gave a small Sony 16x9 a pretty good review a while back. Actually you probably can't go wrong with any of them. Also consider the Panasonic 46" or the Toshiba 42", same price range. Once you have your new TV, a copy of the Avia DVD is essential for tweaking and tuning it for best picture quality (usually sux out of the box, meant mostly to stand out in a showroom).
  • Reply 2 of 2
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    I have a Mitsubishi Diamond Series WS. The picture is sharp, but calibration is completely manual and pretty tedious. You need to adjust the convergence at several dozen points on the screen...Takes about an hour...