G5 cube, Mac table and Unicorns

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Things many of us on the AI boards would like to see, but as of yet still mythical. Besides the above and a Video playback ipod are there any other Unicorn Macs you folks been dreaming of?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    smirclesmircle Posts: 1,035member
    Quote:

Originally posted by LiquidR

Things many of us on the AI boards would like to see, but as of yet still mythical. Besides the above and a Video playback ipod are there any other Unicorn Macs you folks been dreaming of?

The NanoMac.

A thingie, as small as an iPod that has just so much processing power it can boot MacOS X on a 240x160 color LCD, run Safari, iTunes and Eudora simultanously. Can interface with a mobile phone to go online.

If you connect it with a G5 Powerbook/Tower, it is used as a kind of smartcard/RAMdrive, the applications running on it can multitask with the host CPU to leverage its power and RAM. If you press eject, it syncs the data and runs on its embedded G4.

Has a flashcard interface, an FireWire and an USB port so you can burn a CD/DVD with it or sync the user folder to an USB stick. Reads the CompactFlash cards with your holliday images so you do not need an image storage tank.
  • Reply 2 of 12
    Could you firewire a digi cam to it for instant downloads and editing?
  • Reply 3 of 12
    just embed a mac in my head, so that I can post on appleinsider just by thinking about it. kind of like that playstation commercial awhile back for the 'playstation 9'
  • Reply 4 of 12
    upgrading could get messy. Could you use your own brain for hard drive space or memory?
  • Reply 5 of 12
    I'd imagine a lot of it would be in the mac itself... it'd be an atomic processor dude. If you pissed me off... boom!! I'd nuclear retailate on you...

yeah upgrading would be messy, but hey, if they did that I'm imagine they'd have transporters as well. just transport me a new one up.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    Or nanobots that build it inside your head.
  • Reply 7 of 12
    oooh good one seriously write that one down. Unfortunately if microsoft did it's part in this and did a windows version... then people would be running around screaming and not know why. There would be an surge to buy guns and kill the horde that is windows. Their minds hacked.. walking around with that hideous XP logo tattoo'd on their foreheads by the nanobots I assume.. so as a courtesy to humanity, lets please do embed computer chips in our head.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    back on topic though, I'd personally like to see computers interface in the near future better. say where I could buy a set top box for my tv, and my powerbook could be hooked up to it, wirelessly to play music and such. Say a sherlock app that embedded the web into television programming. There is possibly a whole world of info to cross-reference with what i'm watching at times. Sides it would be a good vehicle for advertising too.

I wish there was a way to digitally communicate with say my reciever and play my itunes playlist to that, I bet something along those lines will be out very soon tho.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    Microsoft is not going to exist at that time
  • Reply 10 of 12
    How about if Apple started making printers again? The innovation: they'd work properly. @Epson C62

It would be like a long-ish white cylinder on its side, with the Apple logo half way between both ends, with about 10-20% of the bottom made of aluminum, with four other cylinders for legs. Of course the paper would load in the middle at the top as usual. I must draw a diagram?

Something like that. ¬_¬

EDIT: http://www20.brinkster.com/digitalatrocity/printer.jpg
  • Reply 11 of 12
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    That thing looks like it has dentures.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by CubeDude

That thing looks like it has dentures.

Nah, they're just capped.