To Hell with email/internet et al...117 emails today...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014

Approved...

Returned mail...

Mail delivery failed...

Your Details...

Wicked screensaver...

That movie...

Thank you!...

...and my "favorite"...

"Use this patch immediately!

To: <[email protected]>

Subject: Use this patch immediately !

Attachments: There is 1 attachment"

Dear friend , use this Internet Explorer patch now!

There are dangerous virus in the Internet now!

More than 500.000 already infected!

I am infected...with JUNK. 99% of my mail is shit in my Junk folder. The internet crawls now with SPAM, JUNK MAIL and useless BULLSHIT. The internet is dead. Thanks Microsoft and your fat, pimple faced, basement dwelling renegades of jack-off hack-offs...

Rant over...continue...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    No shit.

My mother-in-law has a .Mac address on my account, so she gets a 5MB mailbox. The ****ing thing was completely full from the email she got in the past 3 days alone.

The internet is evil and needs to die.
  • Reply 2 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

No shit.

My mother-in-law has a .Mac address on my account, so she gets a 5MB mailbox. The ****ing thing was completely full from the email she got in the past 3 days alone.

The internet is evil and needs to die.

...and I'M STILL DOWNLOADING MY MAIL! Of course there are solutions, but Goddamn...what a freakin' mess.

I'll probably have to change my email address...

I've already told friends that if they have an aol, hotmail, yahoo, excite (etc.) email address there will be a good chance that I WON'T READ IT because 99% of those addresses are ruled out in my Mail app as JUNK.
  • Reply 3 of 14
    They say every time you delete spam that God kills a Russian mail order bride.
  • Reply 4 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by Artman @_@

...and I'M STILL DOWNLOADING MY MAIL! Of course there are solutions, but Goddamn...what a freakin' mess.

Yeah, with hers, I logged into webmail and deleted them without having to download them all.
  • Reply 5 of 14
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Well how the hell am I supposed to make any money if you keep deleting the spam?
  • Reply 6 of 14
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

Well how the hell am I supposed to make any money if you keep deleting the spam?

Thank god you're joking because otherwise you just wrote your epitaph.
  • Reply 7 of 14
    bunge, that little chat about AI Karma... you need to rethink your actions, bro.

• Reply 8 of 14
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Here's a helpful hint for some of this stuff:

http://www.stone.com/StoneLog/StoryC...hp?story_id=50

Hope it helps.
  • Reply 9 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

Here's a helpful hint for some of this stuff:

http://www.stone.com/StoneLog/StoryC...hp?story_id=50

Hope it helps.

thanks for tip, i'll give it ashot. mail.app filters some but most comes through making wonder why mail.app sucks so bad
  • Reply 10 of 14
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Quote:

Originally posted by burningwheel

thanks for tip, i'll give it ashot. mail.app filters some but most comes through making wonder why mail.app sucks so bad

The Junk filter is actually user-editable... go to Preferences, then Rules. Scroll down and you'll see the Junk rule. Edit it, and you'll see that while one of the triggers is 'Mail thinks this is Junk', which is a catch-all for the Bayesian filter, you can add whatever criteria you want to catch more stuff, eliminate other stuff, etc.
  • Reply 11 of 14
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Spam..I get upwards of 200 a day..but just takes a few seconds to speed read flick through them...& boom their gone...

& that's with crappy olde hotmail.com with the junk filter not switched on.

Compared to the laborious task of fishing all the "real" junk mail out of my frontyard letter box...& having to dispose of it...email is still a walk in the park...

• Reply 12 of 14
    Had 166 crap emails today...

I'm setting up Mail with that Rules tip...thanks.
  • Reply 13 of 14
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    I get about 260+ e-mails per day. I currently have 53 message filters!!! 98% spam goes to trash.