Any book recommendations on Flash MX?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Looking to pick up some working knowledge of FlashMX. But with the hundreds of books out there, I'm not sure where to start.

Are there any books/publishers that excel in Flash tutorials?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by satchmo

Looking to pick up some working knowledge of FlashMX. But with the hundreds of books out there, I'm not sure where to start.

Are there any books/publishers that excel in Flash tutorials?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...540929-8711913

Actions Script: The Definitive Guide by Colin Moock. This is the single most useful book I've ever read on Flash. It really helped me move from Director and Javascript over into Flash. It's really focused on scripting, as opposed to the animations features, but it's a great book.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    FWIW, Macromedia Press announced updated MX 2004 books today, although I can't comment on the quality of these as I have never used them.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    The one that is best if you are you want excellent all around knowledge of Flash is Flash HOT (Hands On Training) An excellent series of books.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    this is the best recommendation...however i would wait for the updated version of this that will deal with the new version of actionscript, which has undergone significant changes in this last mx 2004 upgrade.

you could probably learn the drawing tools and animation techniques from the macromedia tutorials and info on the web. however, a good guide on actionscript will really take your flash work to a much more sophisticated level...

Quote:

Originally posted by D.J. Adequate

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...540929-8711913

Actions Script: The Definitive Guide by Colin Moock. This is the single most useful book I've ever read on Flash. It really helped me move from Director and Javascript over into Flash. It's really focused on scripting, as opposed to the animations features, but it's a great book.