15" PB purchase strategy this week....if?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I have an order for a 15" Powerbook pending with Apple right now. I had to put it through so that my purchasing authority would send the P.O. before a 9/1 deadline. (The person was leaving the organization).

I talked to the sales/service folks at Apple today, the order's been assigned a Sales Order number, but it wasn't "confirmed" in the system yet. I was told that I can't cancel the order once it ships from Taiwan. If a price reduction took effect, my agency would get a credit. They're talking like the order will ship "sometime next week".

What if they start taking orders for 15's before this order ships? What's the best way to handle it?

If anyone's been through one of these model-year dilemmas, I'd appreciate your advice.

Thanks,

boodz

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    I think it is safe to expect that, with your order being so recent and still not confirmed by Apple's system, you will be getting an upgraded or totally new PowerBook (G4/G5/G876!). Current rumors and logic point to a new 15.x" model at Paris Expo. So, I guess you should just wait and see what happens during Steve's keynote address in a few days.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    bodhibodhi Posts: 1,424member
    Check out the many other Powerbook threads...