So which poor lefties had to watch Fox News Channel tonight?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014

I just had to know which of you had to swallow hard and with shaking hands actually punch up the number for Fox News so you could watch the Congressional Black Caucus/Fox News Democratic Presidential Debate.

How many think that just seeing the words Congressional Black Caucus and Fox News together is proof positive we have all been kidnapped and taken to Bizarro world?

I watched the whole debate. I know some probably think I watch cable news or more specifically Fox News, but I don't. I actually had to look up what channel it is on the satellite system. (Seems most of the cable news channels are together)

So how about it? Was the debate coverage "Fair and Balanced?" If you watched it, who do you think won/gained?

Nick

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Don't you have anything better to do than be such a troll?

You need a hobby other than trying to start fights with strangers on the internet.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Quote:

Originally posted by giant

Don't you have anything better to do than be such a troll?

You need a hobby other than trying to start fights with strangers on the internet.

Somebody needed to say it.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Yes I suppose a full page of bump da de bump bumps on the Franken thread was your idea of a "life."

As for Shawn, he is just pissed that CNN was showing "real news" like Paula Zahn and Larry King Live.

Pot...kettle... black...

Nick
  • Reply 4 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by trumptman

Yes I suppose a full page of bump da de bump bumps on the Franken thread was your idea of a "life."

As for Shawn, he is just pissed that CNN was showing "real news" like Paula Zahn and Larry King Live.

Pot...kettle... black...

Nick

Perhaps you should try to write something constructive about your feelings while watching the debate.

Did you feel heart palpitations, or were you lulled into a coma?

Did you get sweaty palms from seeing so many Democrats in one place, or did you find O'Reilly on another channel and get sweaty in another way?

You say you watched the whole thing, yet you haven't added your thoughts on what you saw or heard.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    sammi josammi jo Posts: 4,634member
    If it's good for ratings, then someone will go for it. This time it was Fox. Fox is not immune from the ratings game.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    sammi josammi jo Posts: 4,634member
    Quote:

Pot...kettle... black...

Nick [/B]

Larry King ... Live...?
  • Reply 7 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by audiopollution

Perhaps you should try to write something constructive about your feelings while watching the debate.

Did you feel heart palpitations, or were you lulled into a coma?

Did you get sweaty palms from seeing so many Democrats in one place, or did you find O'Reilly on another channel and get sweaty in another way?

You say you watched the whole thing, yet you haven't added your thoughts on what you saw or heard.

I'll be happy to add my thoughts. Lots of red meat for the folks that have to go to the primaries. I think one of them even accused Bush of letting Haliburton steal lunch money from grade school kids.

Seriously though, there was lots of spending proposed. Universal health care plans, were flying all over the place. I also believe there were plans for everyone who wanted to attend college being able to go.

Very few of them mentioned how they would pay for this, especially with the budget in deficit, even when directly asked. Likewise almost all declined to say they would deny Bush the $87 billion requested for Iraq.

I thought it intriguing that there were complaints of companies exporting jobs while also candidates were claiming (I think it was called a mad dash to the lowest rung or something of that nature) they would close loopholes and charge them billions more in taxes.

Unless they support some form of fair trade, they will be basically showing them the door themselves as they run to countries that don't hit them from all sides.(taxes and wages)

Understand that I am a supporter of fair trade and do believe that corporations should have responsibility in part for the social safety net. However you can't just have open borders and expect them to compete against slave/cheap labor in other countries that have no OSHA, etc. I support tariffs to insure that our local industry is not destroyed while still allowing them to participate and earn money from our economy. However this view isn't popular in either party right now.

I didn't get nervous with that many Democrats in one place. I work in an elementary school, they are almost exclusively staffed with Democrats. Likewise I attended the Clinton speech in Orange County in 1992.

In reality though it was quite hard to tell any of them apart from each other since they all bashed Bush, but didn't hit any differences among themselves.

Nick
  • Reply 8 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by sammi jo

Larry King ... Live...?

It's called sarcasm.

Nick
  • Reply 9 of 11
    I watch Fox News. I watch Hannity & Colmes. I read Drudge, The Wallstreet Journal, The Washington Post and The Weekly Standard.

I also watch CNN. I also watch Crossfire. I read Slate, The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times and Joe Conason's column.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    smirclesmircle Posts: 1,035member
    Quote:

Originally posted by trumptman

Seriously though, there was lots of spending proposed. Universal health care plans, were flying all over the place. I also believe there were plans for everyone who wanted to attend college being able to go.

What a whacky proposition, don't they think about what this must cost? Surely in this time, you cannot just throw some billions out of the window for something like that.

Quote:

Understand that I am a supporter of fair trade and do believe that corporations should have responsibility in part for the social safety net. However you can't just have open borders and expect them to compete against slave/cheap labor in other countries that have no OSHA, etc. I support tariffs to insure that our local industry is not destroyed while still allowing them to participate and earn money from our economy.

Oh, I think this is the definition of fair trade most people would subscribe to (if it protects *their* country).
  • Reply 11 of 11
    All I got was a glimpse of Bennet and Hannity going after the Democrats afterwards... yup fair and balanced.

Bennet is a sham. He was Education Secretary and he asked that they CUT his budget... what a good little trooper. I wonder how much he's gambling on the election.