iTunes / iPod Importing question

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
So I'm getting ready to buy an iPod and started to import all of my CD's in to iTunes.

Well about 15 cd's in to the importing I noticed in preferences on iTunes and I noticed on default it uses an AAC Encoder which makes .M4a files not .mp3 files

I switched it to MP3 Encoder but I was wondering will the iPod import these .M4a file or do I have to delete them and start over.

Side note it looks like the .M4a file are smaller in size.

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Yes.

If it is in your library then iTunes will upload them to your iPod.

AAC 128 bit is supposedly as good as MP3 160 bit according to the discussion sites. If you plan to share then you will need to go with MP3, if you are selfish go with AAC (and be able to share when WinTunes(?) comes out)
  • Reply 2 of 6
    sorry if this sounds stupid, but can u rip cds onto your comp in aac? i havent noticed this feature.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cam'ron

sorry if this sounds stupid, but can u rip cds onto your comp in aac? i havent noticed this feature.

I think with Itunes 4 that was the default, but yes, you can. it is in the prefences.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    yeah i found it after i posted, thanks. i noticed that the quality is close to 192 mp3. when burning, itunes will convert aac the same way it converts mp3, right?