I have to decide on which Powerbook to keep!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Ok I am still in the position of having a 17inch Powerbook and a 12 Inch Powerbook. Both have the Superdrive and extra RAM and a legal copy of Office X with them. Which do I keep and which do I sell? Any suggestions or offers?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    If this is the hardest decision you have to make today then I envy you.

The way to answer this is "which do you prefer?"

At the end of the day it is you who have to use it, not us.

Personally I would sell both and get the new 15" when it comes out (if it ever does)

PS please no replies regarding possible dates AlBook 15" - this has been done to death in other threads! I am suggesting waiting for there arrival nothing else.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Well I need to keep one so my decision will be between the 2 I have now. Frankly the biggest thing that keeps me in the 12 is that I do not know how to transfer all my documents and settings to the 17!
  • Reply 3 of 7
    If it was me 17" is the one to keep. I find the 12" a little to small. You might find that if you copy your preferences folders across this will do it (though dont quote me on that)
  • Reply 4 of 7
    In defense of the 12 it has the exact same size keyboard as the 17. My only problem is that I travel a lot. I have to take my work PC which is basically the same size as the 12. The 2 together is not a big deal. I am concerned that the 17 and my work laptop are going to be a huge pain in the butt. I wonder how I could keep them both! LOL
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by GreggWSmith

Well I need to keep one so my decision will be between the 2 I have now. Frankly the biggest thing that keeps me in the 12 is that I do not know how to transfer all my documents and settings to the 17!

Piece of cake. Just copy your home directory over to the 17". Or you can copy the individual folders in your home directory over one at a time. Nothing could be easier.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    I thought you sold the 17"
  • Reply 7 of 7
    So did I. I actually sold one of the 17's I have one more 17 and the 12 still. I am really liking the 17 though so I am hoping the 12 goes first.