Osama Bin Laden back from the Dead ?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
A " new " tape first played on Al-Jazeera claims to show an older Osama issuing a new warning to the USA and all her " Crusader " soldiers that the fight has barely begun..etc

Early reports suggest the tape ( if authenticated ) was potentially shot several months ago and in a region bordering Afghanistan & Pakinstan.

I am not sure if it is really him.....

...but it doesn't eally matter..what we as "westerners " believe..as the various islamist groups around the world who believe in his message will surely see it as proof that " Allah's " providence shines brightly on their cause and their campaign to "liberate Palestine" amongst other objectives.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/...in572189.shtml

http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlates...132235,00.html

Comments

• Reply 1 of 33
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquafire

I am not sure if it is really him.....

...but it doesn't eally matter..what we as "westerners " believe..as the various islamist groups around the world who believe in his message will surely see it as proof that " Allah's " providence shines brightly on their cause and their campaign to "liberate Palestine" amongst other objectives.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/...in572189.shtml

http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlates...132235,00.html

Give it a rest. Islamic terrorist groups are not waiting for a messiah. They don't need bin Laden to reappear to do what they are going to do.
  • Reply 2 of 33
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by torifile

Give it a rest. Islamic terrorist groups are not waiting for a messiah. They don't need bin Laden to reappear to do what they are going to do.

And I love you too..
  • Reply 3 of 33
    Did anyone think he was dead to begin with?
  • Reply 4 of 33
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

I was just going to say the same thing.
  • Reply 5 of 33
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquafire

And I love you too..

Aw, thanks.
  • Reply 6 of 33
    Quote:

Originally posted by torifile

Aw, thanks.

Not that it's connected but look up the question you posted re Psych links in General..

But meanwhile back on the subject..God invented the first brain scrambling " Semantic " bomb..

He dropped it on the tower of Babel..and everyone came away babbling in diffrent tongues ( semetic, semantic )
  • Reply 7 of 33
    He may not be "back".

He has yet to name specific dates in his audio tapes and has not appeared in video with anything that can show that he is alive.... like a newspaper or magazine.

They could release tapes for years that mention Afghanistan and Iraq and Isreal... wouldn't mean he's alive... could just want to drive the west nuts too.
  • Reply 8 of 33
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

I've thought there was about a 50-50 chance he died in Afghanistan almost 2 years ago. And this tape doesn't convince me in the least that's not true.
  • Reply 9 of 33
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    I you were Osama, and the prelude to the war in Afghanistan was upon you... and you knew you might get a bunker-buster in your lap over the next few months... would you make a bunch of video and audio tapes for your followers to release in the coming months and years, just in case they didn't find your body?

I would.

Not saying he's dead, but by now these tapes mean nothing. They only gain significance when the media harps on it or broadcasts it over and over for no reason.
  • Reply 10 of 33
    Quote:

Originally posted by chu_bakka

He may not be "back".

He has yet to name specific dates in his audio tapes and has not appeared in video with anything that can show that he is alive.... like a newspaper or magazine.

They could release tapes for years that mention Afghanistan and Iraq and Isreal... wouldn't mean he's alive... could just want to drive the west nuts too.

although the tape did mention that al quada would be attacking soldiers in Iraq I beleive. (before it never really mentioned anything after he was attacked in afghanistan).

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/...ape/index.html

UPDATED: I read it wrong, Bin Laden just mentions the planes hitting the towers and names of hi-jackers, someone else mentions the war in iraq on an audio tape.. so he could be dead since he never talks about anything new...
  • Reply 11 of 33
    Increase ratings... increase advertising profits... sensationalism... get more viewers than the other guy.

The same reason the arabic/islamic networks air it... appealing to the public...
  • Reply 12 of 33
    If that really is current video of Mr. bin Laden, why doesn't he hold up a newspaper or something similar to prove it
  • Reply 13 of 33
    uhhh... that's what I said.

They just wanted to release a tape to say they're still around after 2 years.
  • Reply 14 of 33
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

I've thought there was about a 50-50 chance he died in Afghanistan almost 2 years ago. And this tape doesn't convince me in the least that's not true.

That's fair. I didn't mean to proclude the possibility he's dead, just meant that most people aren't so sure that he is. Going for dramatic license. With those chancesthough ,i tend to err on the side of caution, and assume the bugger's still scurrying(sp?) around.
  • Reply 15 of 33
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Maybe it's all just a clever reverse psychology tack. Maybe he *wants* us to believe he's dead, when in fact he isn't. Thus the logical thing to do is to release tapes that lack commentary on recent events...

But in the end, [droopy] you know whut [/droopy]? I don't give a rat's ass whether he's dead or alive. In fact, I wish people would stop mentioning him all-together, unless he suddenly pops up on Oprah Winfrey or something. That would be worth watching...

Dr. Phil (on the phone): Osama, try and share with us the pain your father made you feel as a boy.

Osama: blah blah blah, death to America.

Dr. Phil: and so you see, you have now given your father power over you, by killing Americans and reacting to his behavior in a negative way.

Osama: breaks down crying and apologizes, hugs Oprah.

Osama or no, we need to revisit - as a nation and a government - what the "war on terror" should really entail and whether we wish to conitnue allowing the Osamas of the world to dictate the terms of the war. That would be more useful than everyone pouring over the tape, in an effort to discern its authenticity, relative to today's date.
  • Reply 16 of 33
    Quote:

Originally posted by segovius

Surely the media never do anything 'for no reason' (unfortunately - might liven things up) - it's just a question of what that reason is....

And that makes me wonder about the timing of the video's release and what ( apart from transmitting it ) Al-Jazeera television has to do with it all ie connections & political position.

Aside from the cynical answer of "ratings" it does make me wonder if Al-Jazeera isn't playing sides in this..or at least, various individuals are using Al-Jazeera as a conduit for their support for Al queda.

Perhaps the Americans should be taking a closer look ( if they aren't already ) at individuals working within Al Jazeera and tracing back the "sources ".
  • Reply 17 of 33
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Gotta get OBL on Queer Eye
  • Reply 18 of 33
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Gotta get OBL on Queer Eye

You've lost me Scott..Who or what is " Queer Eye "?
  • Reply 19 of 33
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    The hit new reality TV show, Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, where 5 fabulous gay men, the fab 5, make over a seemingly hopeless straight man.

Despite the sound of it it's a fun show. There's always some goal for the straight guy: wants to propose, wants to take girl out to club, guy is getting ready for solo debut. It's ****ing hilarious. My wife and haven't laughed so hard a show in a long time. Plus it's positive in that they really do help out the straight guy and always leave with a good note.

A great break from the surly nature of most reality shows these days.
  • Reply 20 of 33
    Thanx for the link Scott..It does look funny...

Hasn't been picked by any stations here..but there is always hope...