New AppleWorks at Paris?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Is it a possibility...maybe ship it with panther? I have having to shell out dinero for MS empire. Untill then Text Edit. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    *sigh* Your thread title is misleading and looks like you actually have info about this. I'm changing it from "NEW!!! AppleWorks at Paris" to "New AppleWorks at Paris?" before the crowds get riled up.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

*sigh* Your thread title is misleading and looks like you actually have info about this. I'm changing it from "NEW!!! AppleWorks at Paris" to "New AppleWorks at Paris?" before the crowds get riled up.

Thats the point. LOL Gotta love you friendly neighborhood MOD
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

Thanks for doing that Brad. I definitely would have gotten upset with a thread title like that. I'm typing my dissertation proposal in textedit because I've decided that I don't need the formatting genius of Word to make me feel stupid for wanting my fonts in 11 point.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by torifile

Thanks for doing that Brad. I definitely would have gotten upset with a thread title like that. I'm typing my dissertation proposal in textedit because I've decided that I don't need the formatting genius of Word to make me feel stupid for wanting my fonts in 11 point.

That's the thing I hate the most about Word...start typing bullet points and it starts making decisions for you. Why, oh, why does it do that shit?
  • Reply 5 of 7
    What would be cool is if the new suite (if there is one) was included with Panther (or at the very least introduced along side). Now that Apple has hardware that doesn't suck, they would be crazy not to do this.

Although I doubt Apple would do that since it would essentially rip away MS's Mac marketshare, it would allow OS X to be office-ready right out of the box.

Businesses/offices would be crazy not to buy Macs. This would rip away MS's marketshare even more.

And this will influence other people's decision to buy Mac since Macs would the tool they use at work. People will start realizing just how easy to use Macs are. They'll start buying them and recommending them to friends.

All this by bundling the office-suite with Panther. Of course, the suite would have to be compatible with .xls format and the .doc format and maybe also Word Perfect.

I'm sure it's probably more complicated than that but I really think Apple could make a big dent in MS simply because I know lots of people that are sick of MS but don't really know any other alternatives.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    One of the questions I have in regard to AppleWorks is does anyone have an idea on how long it usually takes Apple to update a software title? Especially one that could be extremely important to students and businesses. I know that Apple tends to have a rollover for hardware, but what about software? It's my understanding that Apple hasn't really done anything with AppleWorks since they ported it to OS X. Do they not care about the software? Obviously they've had time to do something with it while they've been waiting for Motorola to provide G4's for the new Power Books. There isn't a serious office alternative out there and to me, that's just plain wrong. I refuse to believe by principle alone that Micro$oft is the best when it comes to Office apps. Anyone have dirt on AppleWorks?