This Sucks... I want a life or my ibook

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
It is Saturday night and I am sitting at work. i hate this. If my boss would let me bring my ibook I'd do some work on my photos. I've got a school assignment, 2 personal assignments and an assignment for a client to work on. I'd rather be doing that or going out doing something fun on the weekends, instead I work every weekend night. I keep telling myself just until school is over then I can get a real job and have some real time to work on things that matter to me or even do nothing at all. Perhaps then I can even have a real income and insurance and invest. Bleaagh!!!

Anyone else in the Full-Time student and Full-Time crap job position in their life? What are your time-management tricks? What do you do when you feel that all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy? Has it ever hampered your dating life?

Arggh!!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Heh. I generally work 14 hour days, 7 days a week. Of course, I own the place, so it's a bit different from your situation.

As far as dating goes, my lover and I just had a laugh about this today. She was watching some movie and one of the characters said something like: "I'm married to my work, which I guess makes my wife my mistress. That's probably why I'm still in love with her."

That pretty much fits our relationship.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    Drink while on the job. It solves all your problems Hell, I'm drinking while working right now!
  • Reply 3 of 11
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Me too!

Damn good advice Jack.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    I gave up drinking on the job when I gave up retail management.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    I'm not the only one here who tips the odd one back at work. YEEHAW!!

Of course, I also own the place.

• Reply 6 of 11
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    If I weren't unemployed, I'd be one of you!
  • Reply 7 of 11
    Son, you are hereby ordered to get a job and begin drinking immediately. Do I make myself clear, maggot?

• Reply 8 of 11
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Somehow if I followed that advice,(drinking on the job) I don't think it would go over to well. I mean sure I am a teacher, and the kids certainly do justify it, but I would probably end up on the news.

Nick
  • Reply 9 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by LoCash

Son, you are hereby ordered to get a job and begin drinking immediately. Do I make myself clear, maggot?

I got half of this right...
  • Reply 10 of 11
    I used to carry a flask of rum with me everyday. Before going into work I would buy myself a Coca-Cola and mix the contents. That and a pack of crackers was my breakfast for a year.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by LiquidR

I used to carry a flask of rum with me everyday. Before going into work I would buy myself a Coca-Cola and mix the contents. That and a pack of crackers was my breakfast for a year.

We salute you, brother in arms.