"Broadcast" of Apple Expo Paris Keynote?

zozo
Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I went to the expo hall today to pick up a keynote ticket for a friend of mine and a lady was explaining to some people that weren't eligible for the Keynote not to worry because the "Keynote was going to be broadcast".

Now, I dont know if that means broadcast over web OR means broadcast to the attendees at the Expo area.

Anyone else have some info?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 18
    Apple shows no live broadcast on their site, so there won't be one. Probably means you can watch on monitors outside the hall where the keynote is being held. Last year a Quicktime replay of the keynote was available a day later. WWDC had a replay of the keynote within hours.
  • Reply 2 of 18
    are any websites going to be doing a live update during the keynote so those nowhere near an apple store will know what's going on, like at the WWDC?
  • Reply 3 of 18
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    when is the keynote? will i wake up tomorrow to new announcements? or is it later in the day?
  • Reply 4 of 18
    I am just going on IRC to read the play by play... then later watch the keynote.
  • Reply 5 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

when is the keynote? will i wake up tomorrow to new announcements? or is it later in the day?

It starts at 1AM Western, 2AM Mountian, 3AM Central, 4AM Eastern, I think.
  • Reply 6 of 18
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ryaxnb

It starts at 1AM Western, 2AM Mountian, 3AM Central, 4AM Eastern, I think.

hehehe... cool. it's like xmas. wake up the next day, and see what santa has left under the tree.

• Reply 7 of 18
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Their official site on Apple won't load!
  • Reply 8 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

Their official site on Apple won't load!

quicktime? whose site are you talking about?
  • Reply 9 of 18
    The apple.expo.com site hasn't loaded for several days now.
  • Reply 10 of 18
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    The Expo page on Apple.com loads most information, but if you try to load the Keynote link, nothing happens...

... I wonder if Mac Central will be up at 4 a.m. putting headlines up as things are announced.

Anyone attending by now would be turning in most likely so I think it's to late to see if any AI members are attending / willing to post updates as things progress. I'm sure someone at Ars will be doing it though, I think there's a bunch of them meeting over there if I'm not mistaken.
  • Reply 11 of 18
    ipeonipeon Posts: 1,122member
    Cool, I need to go to bed early anyway.

On a side note. Could we get an even more annoying ad than this one?

Blinded by annoyance.
  • Reply 12 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by iPeon

Cool, I need to go to bed early anyway.

On a side note. Could we get an even more annoying ad than this one?

Blinded by annoyance.

yeah, that shit is really annoying, like blinding and annoying
  • Reply 13 of 18
    Yes, some of the banners on AI are quite loud and obnoxious. The ironic thing is, this is coming from a forum that feels that the use of avatars (even if they are pre-designed and tastefully done) are considered 'tacky' and would make AI look 'ugly'.

As far as the banners go, I guess the site isn't going to host itself - but I wish they'd use less disturbing ads. I mean, is anyone stupid enough to think that they've won something, or that if a banner is shaking like it's taking a fit - it's more click-worthy?
  • Reply 14 of 18
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Ever seen that Simpsons where they go to Japan? "...And now back to...Epileptic fighting robots!!! zing zing"
  • Reply 15 of 18
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    The only thing more annoying than seeing that EVIL FUKING AD BANNER, is seeing it in THREE different places, on one thread.

• Reply 16 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by Moogs

The only thing more annoying than seeing that EVIL FUKING AD BANNER, is seeing it in THREE different places, on one thread.

Command Click - Block Images from cserver.mii.ins

Sorted.
  • Reply 17 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by Bygimis Turug VIII

Command Click - Block Images from cserver.mii.ins

Sorted.

That doesn't work.... Command-clicking only sends you to the site where it makes you think that you've won the player blah blah blah.
  • Reply 18 of 18
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    I altered my hosts file to block all the ads on AI. It wasn't easy though, I had to do a lot of mucking around in Terminal and changing permissions and stuff.