HBO's "K Street"

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Did anyone watch the premiere episode of "K Street" on HBO last night? Was wondering what all you politic junkies thought? I loved it. Since the Black Caucus debate was only last week, I really enjoyed watching the "debate training" and behind-the-scenes aspects. Also, because I'm a Dean supporter, it was nice seeing his natural, relaxed style. It gave me a greater sense of his personality.

However, if you're not a political junkie and don't know who the players are (or immediately recognize them), I can see how this show would seem boring and disjointed. Soderberg's "shot from the hip" style and excessive use of color-correcting the image might also be seen as a distraction.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    I TiVo'd it and will watch tonight. The ads made it look pretty interesting, although I was surprised to learn that it is a fictionalized representation of the lobbying process as opposed to a straight documentary - I can't help but wonder if this will reduce its impact.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    I looooovvvvveeeddd it...

It felt new. It keep you off balance. What was real? what was fiction? What was fiction masqerading as truth...

Fun stuff. Good show.* It helps if you are into politics i agree.

*Of course even with marry matlin, rich santorum and senator nickols I am sure some will paint it as more liberal media

• Reply 3 of 3
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    I wasn't quite sure what to make of it. It's not really a documentary in any sense because all of the key players there would be acting differently if there was no camera, but at the same time there are definite threads of truth and reality about the political process there. My problem with it is, you know HBO is going to edit things in such a way as to create a liberal spin without the players ever having to do so themselves.

The truth hurts, but I don't think there's any question HBO's own agenda will show through in terms of what is aired and what isn't....

But as far as it goes it's an interesting idea. I think it will get boring quick though. There's only so much of the James and Mary show that the average thinking person can stomach before it makes you nauseous. Old hat for sure. Those two need to find new hobbies.