Microsoft Entourage X Email Notification Issue

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Could anyone please tell me a couple things about entourage X that I have not found a solution for yet. First off when email is being retrieved, a window pops up on my screeen showing the progress of each email account it's retrieving the information for. This is getting really anoying for me as I find myself in the middle of a project and because I have my email retrieving every 10 min, due to constant emails comming in of importance, this pop up window is really anoying. Any way to get rid of it or not have it display?

Also second issue. I have my junk mail filter on high. I see junk mail come in, and in the category it shows junk. So thats all good and its also greyed out. I made a rule that is active, that is supose to look for the category junk, and delete the email. Any rule I have tried to do to get rid of the junk mail to at least not show up in my inbox has not worked. I dont care if it goes into the junk mail folder i made for it, I just dont want them displayed in my inbox. Any suggestions?

thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

Leave the progress window open and behind the mail window, and it won't pop up to the front.

About the junk mail, I don't understand. Did you activate your rule for the proper inbox type (POP, IMAP or Hotmail)?

Actually yes I did enable the rule. I went online and actually saw an example of this rule. I also tried to do a database repair, the quick one, not the full thinking that that might be the problem too, but no luck.

As far as the pop up window is concerned, there is no way i guess to not have it show up? The thing is, what if you have your work area only 2 thirds of the screen for some reason, and the thing is, that the pop up window always seems to pop up where there is no program running on the screen. Im just saying this is probably the most anoying thing microsoft could of added. Just a waste for the software as far as im concerned. Because how many people actually use it all the time to cancel email retrieval and stuff. If someone is constantly cancelling it, then they should just change the interval times of the email retrieval.

dave