Buy Apple Stock before iTunes for Windows?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Don't you think when Apple launches iTunes for Windows in mid October Apples stock price should go up?

Considering the vast explosion of iTunes music store sales that's bound to happen, I would think the stock could go up nicely.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    iTunes for windows has already been announced, so I'd say it's already factored into Apple's stock price. I'd look for signs that it will be announced earlier than expected (e.g., mid-October) and 2) it shows early signs of doing very well right away, then I'd say buy. But it also could do more poorly than expected. Maybe iTunes for windows will suck, or it won't catch on, or whatever.

Eh, I only invest in index funds, so what do I know.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    You should buy the stock if you think it's a good long term investment.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    yevgenyyevgeny Posts: 1,148member
    If you actually want to hold onto Apple stock for at least a year or two, then yes you should buy some Apple stock.

iTMS for windows will bring in revenue.

Apple's Christmas sales will be good because of the iPod.

G5 powerbooks next year will drive sales, as well as speed bumped Desktops.

There are alot of reasons why you should buy some Apple stock. I would buy some but I need to pay for this semester of graduate school first.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

iTunes for windows has already been announced, so I'd say it's already factored into Apple's stock price.

What he said. That's how it works.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    Also, since Smith Barney just lowered their rating to sell, I'm not sure what to think about Apple's stock.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    I bought AAPL in April because I liked my new computer. It's up more than $8.

So...yeah. Go for it.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Since the iTMS was announced, AAPL is up about $7 per share. See here:

That rise just before May 03 is when the store was announced. Yes, AAPL stands to benefit significantly from the iTMS for windows, especially it's a blockbuster hit on Windows like it's been on the Mac. But most of that is already considered. That said, I still think AAPL is a good buy in the long-term. Like others said, if you plan to hold it for a while, you might as well buy now, because there's no real reason for it to go significantly from here. (AAPL's got somewhere around $12-13 per share in CASH on hand. That means that all of the rest of AAPL - IP, product, property, people - is worth about $10/share. In other words, they're a good value with a lot of staying power. They could go an entire year without making a cent but spending at the rate they are right now and still be just about in the black. Much better than other companies could say.)