PB 15" shipping times

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I just ordered my 1.25 through my university and they have no idea when it'll arrive and I can't find any indication of a delivery date. Does anyone here have any idea when I'll get mine? I ordered it on the 16th.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    cosmocosmo Posts: 662member
    I ordered from apple on the 16th, about 4:30pm EST. I ordered the stock 1ghz model through the education pricing (i called to place the order). It says it will ship on or before the 23rd.

I'm in Canada BTW.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by pumpkin

I just ordered my 1.25 through my university and they have no idea when it'll arrive and I can't find any indication of a delivery date. Does anyone here have any idea when I'll get mine? I ordered it on the 16th.

I ordered a 1.25 with extra RAM on the 16th. My ship date is on or before the 24th.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by pumpkin

Hey pumpkin, if you can get either the PO number, the web order number or the apple Sales Order number, you can track it on-line here: http://www.apple.com/orderstatus. I had my web number, but not my PO or SON, and Apple found it for me. It took about 12 hours for it to be seen on the website after our fax.

Now I can check every fifteen minutes w/o bugging my purchasing officer. Ordered 5PM PST the 16th by fax; shipping on or before the 23. Remember two things: it could ship from Taiwan, in which case it effectively ships the day before the order status indicates (the Date Line is our friend here), and Apple is very good about hitting these dates when they aren't waiting on stock. They didn't have my machine built yet, I'm sure, but the manufacturing/distro line is churning full speed. I've gotten my other in-production laptops from Apple before they promised them.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    taztaz Posts: 74member
    I ordered mine on 9/16 0923 PST. 1.25 gig stock model through edu store on line. Shipped 9/18 with initial delivery scheduled for Monday 9/22/03. Airborne online lost tracking data this morning and when I called I ws told it was stuck in Customs so the earliest I can think about seeing it is Tuesday 9/23.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    I walked into the Apple Store Chestnut Hill and walked out with my brand spanking new Superdrive PowerBook 15"!

They still had two left . . .

All student discounts can be had at the stores also.