Are we sponsered by Emode?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
On my Windoze work machine the Emode IQ test pops up almost everytime that I open a new window in AI.

I now have 5 windows of it running. Is this the penalty for sitting the test? Am I destined to be constantly answering questions about shapes and sizes?

Before you say, "Install a pop-up killer", I have zero control over installs on this thing.

Maybe if I keep on taking the tests I will become smarter, or dumber depending on how you look at it.

"Did you know?

Ancient Egyptians believed the heart was the center of intelligence and emotion. They also thought so little of the brain that during mummification, they removed the brain entirely from bodies."

- thanx Emode for that useless piece of information....

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Could be spyware. This insidious company named Flashtrack puts it's "hijacking" software on your computer and when you go to certain sites it pops up advertising. Before I got rid of it three times ago everytime I went to Apple.com it popped up some Printpal adverstising.

The amazing thing is over a month ago I deleted every Personal Filesharing program on my computer and last night I had to. again, delete Flashtrack. Seem like I only need to visit the wrong site to have software installed on my PC with no warning.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Everyone on a PC needs to get this software. It's the best thing you can do.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by hmurchison

Could be spyware. This insidious company named Flashtrack puts it's "hijacking" software on your computer and when you go to certain sites it pops up advertising. Before I got rid of it three times ago everytime I went to Apple.com it popped up some Printpal adverstising.

The amazing thing is over a month ago I deleted every Personal Filesharing program on my computer and last night I had to. again, delete Flashtrack. Seem like I only need to visit the wrong site to have software installed on my PC with no warning.

It's not just him ... there's a banner that's causing it.

I got 5 or 6 Emode pop-ups, all at the same time, a few hours ago at work. I know for a fact that the PC is completely spyware-free.

I'd run a pop-up stopper, but it interferes with the websites I need to use for work.

The quality/quantity of the ads on AI has deteriorated rapidly over the past month or so.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Never mind
  • Reply 5 of 6
    I'm using Firebird at work, and whenever that stupid "Shoot the Bottle get it free." banners comes up the page won't load. The page won't go back either. I have to go to reload AI altogether.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

Everyone on a PC needs to get this software. It's the best thing you can do.

I second that. I've been using it for months and it is a cool little app. It found tracking stuff I never heard of before.