[?]Anyone got a "shipped" already for the new 15"?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
His Steveness said "available today!"

"available today" as of Tuesday, should yield a "shipped" by Friday for stock orders that were first in line, shouldn't it?

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/qtv/expo03/

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by BNOYHTUAWB

His Steveness said "available today!"

"available today" as of Tuesday, should yield a "shipped" by Friday for stock orders that were first in line, shouldn't it?

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/qtv/expo03/

Well, there have been a number of them at Apple Stores. I have seen some people who have "shipped"; whether it is coming from Taiwan or Illinois or California seems to be in question. I'm thinking they will start trickling in tomorrow, and many if not most of the first-day orders will arrive by Friday.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by machem

Well, there have been a number of them at Apple Stores. I have seen some people who have "shipped"; whether it is coming from Taiwan or Illinois or California seems to be in question. I'm thinking they will start trickling in tomorrow, and many if not most of the first-day orders will arrive by Friday.

A couple of dozen new 15 inchers, mostly the superdrive ones, made it to resellers in HK last Friday. Of course all gone already, sold, sold, sold!
  • Reply 3 of 10
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Mine is supposed to ship Tuesday. Assuming it's coming from Taiwan I will assume it takes the same amount of time that my iPod which came from Shanghai will take which is two days. Airborne said my iPod will be here Tuesday and it shipped Friday. So if you ordered as soon as they came out and did the free shipping friday should be your goal date. Because it's painful waiting haha.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    The demand for these things has been insane, so noone should be suprised that it will be into next week (I mean the 29th) for most of us. That still isn't that bad, in my mind. Instant gratification doesn't work sometimes.

It always seemed kind of silly to me when people ask the question "Should I get less of a machine that I want so I don't have to wait?". For example, less memory or a 4200RPM HD so they can get it from a brick-and-mortar Apple Store. You can have 2 of fast, cheap or just the way you want it, in my experience. Asking for all three is asking for disappointment.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    oh man just got mine - the wife bought it at the chestnut hill apple store near Boston, they were really kind and reserved the machine for us for a whole day before she could get there - despite crazy demand for those babies.

What a MEGA laptop - this is the best mac i have ever used (and i have used a few) - the speed, the build quality, the screen, the cool backlight keyboard - im in love

I think I'm probably one of the first persons to own one in the UK since neither retailers or the apple store here have any at this time...
  • Reply 6 of 10
    Mine shipped from Taiwan on Saturday morrning. The latest fedex tracking update said that it left Memphis at 11:22am on Sunday. Estimated delivery date is noon on September 24 (wednesday). I'm hoping they're right, i can't wait to get my powerbook.

Stock 1ghz model (didn't go for the backlit keyboard, as cool as it is, i needed 2 save money for ram). Ordered around 4:30EST on Tuesday afternoon (sept. 16)
  • Reply 7 of 10
    My G4 1 GHz AlBook was backordered since early this month (an upgraded 867 order). It's a stock 1 GHz, it shipped Friday. It and an Airport Extreme card are coming from Taiwan. and Airborne predicts delivery on Tuesday or Wednesday.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    I woke up late this morning, so I didn't get to hit my Order Status until just now --- SHIPPED. Whoo-hoo! I was "On or before 9/23". I always said they are a bit quicker than their targets, but you know I was sweating a bit.

Of course the tracking number isn't working, but I didn't get a "Call us" at the Airborne site.

I gotta chime in here and say that I have always been 100% satisfied with Airborne, too. FedEx is good, but not worth the extra money in my day-to-day experience. It seems that this week they have either been overwhelmed, or their system isn't interfacing with Apple's too well. *shrug*
  • Reply 9 of 10
    My stock 1.2 Giger shipped on 9/18. Scheduled for delivery today, but Airborne has no clue where the heck it is. All they know is that its in transit. Go figure. My guess is Tuesday 9/23 delivery, exactly 3 business days from shipping.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    My 15" was ordered Tuesday and shipped this morning via Airborne from Franklink Park, Il (I'm in Rochester, NY) should be here by Wednesday. Also, my Wireless mouse arrived this morning, although I have no computer to use it with :-( but it looks pretty.

Can't wait until Wednesday when I will be an official switcher. I'm a switcher of a slighty different variety tho', having given up on Windows many years ago in favor of linux. I expect my Apple experience to be more satisfying than either.

-Spyky